Been back to 'my' mountains.....

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Francois, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Francois

Francois

May 3, 2006
    Europe
    It was early March. It was after a winter with high temperatures and much wind. It was like Spring already....

I present you some pictures of the mountain peaks surrounding the Valley of Méribel, where we have our apartment, the center of the world's largest combined ski area...... over 200 lifts, and more than 650 kilometers of runs in three valleys: Les 3 Vallées.

These are the mountains we ski off in winter, and hike UP in Summer and Fall..... to me still one of the most beautiful areas in the (my) world.

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the 'curious': all photos were made standing on our balcony, using my Nikon D70 with 70-300 mm zoom lens, no tripod.....

2. You bring back wonderful memories with your great photos Francois... :smile:

Lets hope that next year would be as white as the ones a decade ago :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful
    I always enjoy your journeys

4. very nice!

5. Francois

Francois

May 3, 2006
    Europe
    Thanks all, and apologies for having been AWOL for so long. Life is busy as heck and have had hardly time for Nikon Cafe :-(

I'll post some more during this week... then off to work again ... <sigh>.

6. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    its a shame that those mountains were destroyed to build such and ugly ski area....those mountains are not wild anymore they are destroyed by all the lifts

7. Francois

Francois

May 3, 2006
    Europe
    Partly true, Jean-Luc..... the area borders on the Parc National de Vanoise, France's largest national park. In it there is no skiing or skilifts, no cars or other motorized 'traffic' and not even our GA aircraft are allowed to fly over it... Nina and I go hiking there, even in winter....... there is still hope. :wink:

8. Beautiful images, thanks for sharing.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A wonderful series of images. Wish I were there.

Regards

RFC

10. Francois

Francois

May 3, 2006
    Europe
    So glad you all share my love for mountains :) Thanks for looking !

11. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hope you had your thermal underwear on Francois, some lovely shots there.
    Well worth freezing your butt off for :)

12. BanjoBanker

BanjoBanker

Sep 21, 2006
    Mt Brook, AL
    What a shockingly pretty view! I would never leave home.

13. Always a pleasure to see your work François. You are AWOL here as I have been AWOL in FS2004. But I'm back from time to time (when I can fix the darn probs it's giving me).

Wonderful shots!

14. Beautiful beautiful photos. Stunning!