Been hunting for these guys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Nov 1, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

And with the tip of a fellow Photographer, who lead me to this place
    [​IMG]

Pretty nice Huh, but even nicer when you find these fellas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oh my gosh Ben they are beautiful. I have never seen on in the wild. Wonderful shots.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well I've seen these in the wild before, but never shot this well. These are about as good as it gets. The colors just leap off the page, and you've done a great job of holding the very difficult highlights. I just love the golden background colors in the 2nd, but all three are wonderful. :smile:

Can I come shooting with you? :tongue:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ben,
    Very beautiful images.
    Never seen them in the wild either. Only at the zoo

5. Simply fantastic my favorite waterfolw the colors of thes birds are just gorgeous. Tahnks so much for sharign these beauties

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Gordon
    Yes I was quite happy to find this place. No where in any other shooting locale have a found these beauties. I will most certainly go back.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks always Frank
    I actually found them as you pointed out very difficult to exp for. Not only as stated above but the pond is covered with trees causing a lot of contrasty light. They also of course prefer the shadow areas, only coming out in the light occasionally. Had to use flash almost on all of my shots. Many of my shots went right to the trash. Need to go back and work on it some more, I think I can do better. One thing I learned is that Manual seems to be the best way to go!

You have a standing invitation!!
    Man that would really rock my boat (and I could pick your brain :smile:)
    Not to mention the laughs we could have :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. Ben, these are beautiful! Very well done!!

9. Ben you continue to amaze. Between you and Flew this forum does not lack excellent quality and quantity of images.

I must say once again, your locations are to die for!

-Brett

10. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Way to go Ben!

Beautiful colors and amazing detail, I love all three, but the reflection and the golden color in the water of this image is just stunning.

11. Ben, it looks like your hard work really paid off. These are gorgeous. Love the colors and the relection of the last one. I love these ducks!!!.

12. Incredible bird images. I freely admit I'm an idiot when it comes to birds, but, can someone tell me what kind of bird this is? Some kind of duck I suppose?

Again - fantastic images. The colors are beautiful.

13. Ben, they are all great but the first one is really beautiful.

14. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    WOW!!! Beautiful shots, Ben! The colors are fantastic! They sure are beautiful birds!

15. WOW!!!!!!!!
    You are killing me Ben. The quality of these is unbelieveable. I have these wild in the swamp behind my place but can not even come close to this quality EVER, I may need to take up golf.
    Dave

16. Justin these are Wood ducks. a gorgeous creature, but very elusive.
    Dave

17. Fantastic, Ben!!!. Awesome colors these ducks have (just like Yoda said). Look like they were painted.

18. WOW!!! I'm speechless... These are great. The Cafe has an amazing group of photographers for sure!

19. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Excellent~Excellent~Excellent!

I might just have to move back to CA???????

20. Gorgeous shots Ben. As mentioned, great job on the exposure.