Beep! Beep! (3 photos)

Well, I wasn't going to post these - thought I had a bad day - no tac-sharp images, unless my eyes are really bad and I really can't see :Curved: It was on the way out of Hagerman that we spotted the road runner. I had 0 time to change lenses or anything! So yep, the feet are missing but hey, I did the best I could do with a 300mm +1.4TC attached! I was looking for hawks - this birdie was totally unexpected! So here's the really wierd looking birdie!

yes, he ran through a farmer's fence
2656442067_c98a3158af_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

you still there?
2657267922_cef7ab0b9f_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Finally made it across the road
View attachment 217021

Thanks for the nice series. I'll have to show my wife, she loves roadrunners.

Thanks for the nice series. I'll have to show my wife, she loves roadrunners.

Thank you Art! I really wish I could have done better though! There just wasn't enough time, that bird didn't sit still for even a second! I'm thinking next time to have my D50 ready with either my 80-200 or 18-200 on it for photo ops like this. I was looking for hawks - my hubby spotted it before anyone else!

B

bfjr

Still don't have no stinkin RR in my Gallery

Good for you !! :cool::biggrin:

Still don't have no stinkin RR in my Gallery

Good for you !! :cool::biggrin:

LOL, I've seen them several times, but this was the first time, I had the camera in my lap and could shoot it! Next time we go out, I'm gonna have both D50 and D200 with lenses so I can hopefully grab the appropriate one and fire away! BEEP! BEEP!:biggrin:

I like the second one Dianne. Sounds like you've got what I'm suffering from...finding everything but what you want to take a picture of.:biggrin:

I like the second one Dianne. Sounds like you've got what I'm suffering from...finding everything but what you want to take a picture of.:biggrin:

Thanks, Steve! It was funny, we had gone up to work on a project we're attempting to do as a family, plus looking for turkey vultures for the local raptor center, we found the vultures alright but I just couldn't get a good enough shot of them. We saw 2 hawks on the way in but Mark hasn't learned what "stop" means yet. We still had fun - I look at going to Hagerman this way - because every trip is always different, we take it as a treasure hunt, shoot what you find and be happy. We really did have a great time and the kids are now finding out what a D50 can do compared to their little point and shoots!

I have only seen one of these, in Palm Desert last April. I was coming back out from checking it at our hotel, and the danged bird was sitting in front of my car, the camera packed in the back :mad::mad::mad:

My favorite is #3, I like the "environmental" feel of the picture, and the coloration on the bird. One of these days I'll be in the right place, at the right time, with a camera nearby.

We have figured out that it is best to always plan on looking for Ground Hogs to shoot. Since so often we don't find what we are looking for, but we do find lot's of other stuff, we aren't disappointed :wink::biggrin: Give it a try ...

I have only seen one of these, in Palm Desert last April. I was coming back out from checking it at our hotel, and the danged bird was sitting in front of my car, the camera packed in the back :mad::mad::mad:

My favorite is #3, I like the "environmental" feel of the picture, and the coloration on the bird. One of these days I'll be in the right place, at the right time, with a camera nearby.

We have figured out that it is best to always plan on looking for Ground Hogs to shoot. Since so often we don't find what we are looking for, but we do find lot's of other stuff, we aren't disappointed :wink::biggrin: Give it a try ...

LOL, Bill you're funny! Not having a camera ready is why now, I carry my D200 ready on my lap, the beanbag at my feet, and from now on, I'll have the D50 ready as well with a shorter lens on. I tried firing off as many shots as I could - the ones of the birdie in the tree were so blurred no way you'd know what it was! I was just lucky I was able to brace myself enough against the car and get him before he disappeared into the woods! Thanks for stopping by! BEEP! BEEP! :biggrin:

Hi Dianne,
I think you did great under the circumstances. We have all been in that situation where you are faced with having the wrong lens for the situation and no time to change. The choice is always to get the picture. I am always happy to get the picture of a bird that I have not captured before. Keep them coming.:smile:

Hi Dianne,
I think you did great under the circumstances. We have all been in that situation where you are faced with having the wrong lens for the situation and no time to change. The choice is always to get the picture. I am always happy to get the picture of a bird that I have not captured before. Keep them coming.:smile:

Thank you ED! We were all fascinated in our 5 min or less encounter with the bird! The kids were glued to the window and I was trying hard to capture it! Guess I should be glad the lens was too long, earlier I was fussing because my lens wasn't long enough! :rolleyes: Thanks for stopping by! BEEP! BEEP! :biggrin:

Nice shots, Dianne. Really like the second image - very roadrunner-ish!

These birds are a lizard's worst nightmare :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom