Bees, Beetles and Blooms

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BUCKEYE BIKER, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Did another walk-around the yard this morning. Here are the results. Nothing exciting, but I hope you enjoy them.

Red Bell Pepper blossom from the garden
    838125333_cb10e66818_o.

Beetle? "There ought to be something good to eat somewhere!"
    View attachment 106512

Uuummm, this is delicious!
    View attachment 106513

Yeh, but not as good as this coneflower
    View attachment 106514

I can't eat another bite ... Burp!
    View attachment 106515

Footnote: I don't know if beetles eat those petals or not, but it sounded like a good story.

2. Ha!! Love the first shot! Looks like your bee and beetle are having a feeding frenzy!!

3. Thanks Crystal.

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Fine shots Tom. I love that little beetle. Very beautiful.

5. what did you do that ladybug, spit shine it first? great shots and the bell bloom is nice and sharp.

laurie

6. Thanks Torben, he is a cute little creature. Very colorful. He would hide underneath the petal, and when I would put my finger near him, he would come back to the topside.

Thank you Laurie, he (or she) does have a nice shine. This is the first I have photographed a bell pepper blossom. Didn't realize there was that much detail deep down inside. I love this lens!