Bees on Coneflowers, Passion Flowers and Blanket Flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are beautiful
    The red passion flower vine is gorgeous

2. wonderful work Crystal

3. Thanks Gale. It really is gorgeous. It has loads of buds and a few bloom each day. They only last one day, so I have to photograph them in the morning. I have yellow and orange zinnias planted around the vine in one large pot. The vine outgrew the trellis so it is attaching itself to the zinnias and anything else nearby!!

Thanks Dave. I thought I needed the 200 micro, but to be honest, I don't miss it a bit!! Love that 70-180 micro!!

4. These are really nice shots, Crystal. I especially like #1, #5, and #6. Thank you so much for sharing them

5. I love your coneflowers!

6. You were able to get nice and close to your bees! VERY nicely done and the flowers are beautiful!!

7. Thank you Tom. I really enjoy floral photography. I have never been able to get so close to bees before...until now. I love watching them move from flower to flower, especially when they are in the bee balm!! They seem to go berserk!!

Thank you Victor. I am growing four varieties, orange, yellow, purple and red sun. The bees are especially fond of the red sun and purple coneflowers.

Hi Connie!! Yes, I can observe the bees within inches!! I tried the 85 1.4 + 500D close up filter over the weekend. The results were surprising!! I think I like that combination. :biggrin:

8. Now we're talkin'!! You go Crystal! These are great.

9. Thanks Rich!! More to follow!! :biggrin: