1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

bees with pollen filled legs and a bumble bee

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kevin pyle, Sep 25, 2008.

1. yesterday my buddy brought over his D200 with the 300F4 afs lens so I went in the backyard and shot a few bees in the trees and one bumble bee. I tell you, shooting moving bees in a tree straight up is tricky focusing, while these are not tack sharp focused it shows the pollen in the bees legs. Thanks for viewing. PS, the ColorRight disc used for setting white balance on the D200 has breathed new life into the D200 for me, very easy to use, just place in front of lens.
    Kevin P.
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

2. Wow Kevin! That first one is magnificent! Kinda reminds me of when I caught my bee-keeper cousin doing his "bee thing!" Nice shootin!

3. well thank you Dianne, while the bee shots are not the sharpest in the book "they were shot with a 300F4 lens at slow shutter speed straight up" what I like about them is the sun was coming through the trees highliting there little bellies.
    Thanks for viewing,
    Kevin P.
    ps: Dianne, get a ColorRight Disc for your D200, you will be amazed at how the colors will pop when setting a custom white balance, I guarantee it.

4. What's a colorright disc? Is that the same as an expo disk? I need tons of practice on setting custom white balance! I have the 300f4 but haven't tried bees YET!

5. Crave

Crave Guest

The first one is great!!

6. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    The bokeh on the first one is excellent. They are all good, the color is great. My favorite is also the first one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.