Beetle and Fern Frond

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Finally put the D2X aside and got out the D70 for an afternoon.
    This is one of the results.

[​IMG]

Jerry Snider

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice,

You guys are just to good at this stuff...

Gotta learn.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Jerry! Looks like I'm going to need a micro lens if I keep trying to take the flower and bug shots.

4. Excellent, D70 is not so bad! ;o)

5. Wow! Such patience! That little beetle has such beautiful detailing on his body or are they wings? I really like the angle too.

6. Great result Jerry!

How do you find switching from the D2X to D70? Are they different enough to be confusing at first? I find that I don't even know how to drive my Coolpix 5400 anymore now that I have used the D70 for the past six months... :?

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Very nice shot Jerry.

I like the colors and the contrast.

8. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Jonathan,
    I love the feel of the D2X and all of the features it offers. Indeed, I suspect that I have a focusing problem or perhaps I simply am not good enough to use the camera, thus the reason for returning to the D70 for awhile. To answer your question, I do have to stop and think a bit when changing between the two cameras. I suspect that if I carried both and used them interchangably for a few days I could get in a groove with them. It's not a real big deal but since I haven't used the D70 for the past 3 weeks I had to stop and think momentarily.

Jerry Snider

9. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    Nice picture of a firefly!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Most excellent Jerry. :wink: