1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Before and after....anyone fancy a play?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Aug 16, 2009.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi,

I took the first shot this afternoon with my little Panasonic TZ5....

I decided to spice it up.

Hope you like and wonder if anyone fancies a play as well

Best wishes

Ray

original

[​IMG]

My try

[​IMG]

2. Super retouch Ray very dramatic. The sheep are a nice touch.

Best,

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Bob

Grateful for the feedback...was hoping some of the many talented people here may like to lend an artistic hand......

Still not too late.....

Very best wishes

Ray

4. Ray I think you did a wonderful job with this photo. While I am a very inexperienced photographer, perhaps I could offer one item that caught my eye when looking at the photo.

The rocks near the train tracks seem to have a very red tint that caught my eye as something that wouldn't be that color in nature when looking at them. I understand the effect you're going for, but in my opinion if the red channel of those rocks were toned down just a little bit it would make for a slightly better retouch.

Just my $0.02 trying to help out. Again, great job!

5. Almass

Almass

Feb 3, 2006
    London
    LoL @ Contourrob217. For an "inexperienced" photographer, you sure have the eye and the cats !!!

The rock or is it a tree trunk might be out of place. And although Roy is a master in PP, I would comment that while the sheep are all white, the single sheep in the mid field has a blackish head. Now speaking as a farmer, I would expect either to turn the single sheep white or to add a couple of sheep with a black head for balance. Again, I am no farmer and I do not know if both type of sheep coexist in any field?

To continue nitpicking, the grass in all the picture is green, from where did the dried grass in the foreground came into life.

And a final nitpick, where is the sun? If the sun is rising at 01.00 oclock, the shadow of the sheep in the foreground should be towards the camPOV and not going west. The trees should have shadows as well!

But that's simply nitpicking on Ray who probably knows all that anyway as he has time and again shown his mastery on this board.

6. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Ray,

Amazing! and well done! Great sky...like the sheep...would ditch the black "thing"!

7. TLochner

TLochner

Jun 11, 2006
    SW Ohio
    Ray I see your still doing great work as always.

8. LXShooter

LXShooter

Feb 28, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Wow, very nice retouch. Great details!

9. Sylgau

Sylgau

Jan 10, 2009
    Montréal, Qc
    I like what i see!

10. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Just back from 2 weeks holidays........

appreciate the feedback from all.

I note al of the observations for which I am very grateful......some good pointers from which I will learn by.

I guess I became engrossed in the transofmation instead of looking more carefully....however, a lot to learn from the helpful comments made and much appreciated.

Best wishes
    Ray

11. Hi Ray...thanks for the play

Here is one I did that looks a little stormy. Hope you like.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry I was in a little hurry to get these added in here so I can go to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
  12. Sandy noticed some angel's wings in the top center... VERY NICE JOB, RAY!!!!!!

And Melissa you did a very dramatic render on Ray's orginal!!!!

Too Cool!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.