Before and after....anyone fancy a play?

Hi,

I took the first shot this afternoon with my little Panasonic TZ5....

I decided to spice it up.

Hope you like and wonder if anyone fancies a play as well

Best wishes

Ray

original

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My try

Thanks Bob

Grateful for the feedback...was hoping some of the many talented people here may like to lend an artistic hand......

Still not too late.....

Very best wishes

Ray

Ray I think you did a wonderful job with this photo. While I am a very inexperienced photographer, perhaps I could offer one item that caught my eye when looking at the photo.

The rocks near the train tracks seem to have a very red tint that caught my eye as something that wouldn't be that color in nature when looking at them. I understand the effect you're going for, but in my opinion if the red channel of those rocks were toned down just a little bit it would make for a slightly better retouch.

Just my $0.02 trying to help out. Again, great job!

LoL @ Contourrob217. For an "inexperienced" photographer, you sure have the eye and the cats !!!

The rock or is it a tree trunk might be out of place. And although Roy is a master in PP, I would comment that while the sheep are all white, the single sheep in the mid field has a blackish head. Now speaking as a farmer, I would expect either to turn the single sheep white or to add a couple of sheep with a black head for balance. Again, I am no farmer and I do not know if both type of sheep coexist in any field?

To continue nitpicking, the grass in all the picture is green, from where did the dried grass in the foreground came into life.

And a final nitpick, where is the sun? If the sun is rising at 01.00 oclock, the shadow of the sheep in the foreground should be towards the camPOV and not going west. The trees should have shadows as well!

But that's simply nitpicking on Ray who probably knows all that anyway as he has time and again shown his mastery on this board.

Just back from 2 weeks holidays........

appreciate the feedback from all.

I note al of the observations for which I am very grateful......some good pointers from which I will learn by.

I guess I became engrossed in the transofmation instead of looking more carefully....however, a lot to learn from the helpful comments made and much appreciated.

Best wishes
Ray

Hi Ray...thanks for the play

Here is one I did that looks a little stormy. Hope you like.

Sorry I was in a little hurry to get these added in here so I can go to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandy noticed some angel's wings in the top center... VERY NICE JOB, RAY!!!!!!

And Melissa you did a very dramatic render on Ray's orginal!!!!

Too Cool!!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom