Before and After

It had been a little more than four months since I had gotten a hair cut due to the coronavirus crisis. The number of new cases in my county has declined four weeks in a row while testing has increased, so I felt it was safe to go to the barbershop. Everyone in the shop wore a face mask and everyone except the barber and customer conducted safe distancing.

The two photos were taken about 1 hour and 25 minutes apart before and after I got the haircut.

My biggest photo problem was that my Tamron 90mm macro mounted on my Z6+FTZ is too darned sharp for someone who doesn't look any better than me. :eek:

BEFORE
Mike 2020-06-29--001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AFTER
Mike 2020-06-29--004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I did the same last week—I was due for a cut when the shutdown started; my beard was a scraggly 9+ inches long and I was ready to audition with ZZ Top or the Duck Dynasty. Now I'm civilized again. My experience was the same as yours; I was the first customer of the day and no one else besides the stylist was in the building. Unlike you I forgot the pictures. :mad:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I get my hair cut tomorrow! However, I was fortunate to get my hair cut on May 12th also. But before that my last cut was the end of February = 2 months of growth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike, I used to smear vaseline on a cheap filter in front of a sharp lens for these types of portraits!
I remember reading about that when I first got into photography in the early 1980s. This time I used a lot less sharpening in Adobe Camera Raw than I normally use and I moved its Texture slider to a value of minus 36. Never done that before, but this time I had a worthy cause. Less clean up than vaseline. :eek:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't know that adobe had a "cut hair" feature! Your expression is identical in both shots. Either that or you are the most consistent person here!
It's not that I'm consistent; it's that I'm boring.

I was also amazed at how similar the two shots look. To capture the photos, I set up the camera and my wife set the exposure and focus and then released the shutter. I tried to make my facial expression the same in both photos and got lucky. My wife released the shutter just once for the before photo and just once for the after photo.

Looks like a different person, Mike.

Fortunately, my wife has been cutting my hair for at least 40 years, probably more. Has saved us quite a bit over the years. However, I'm happy to pay for her haircuts!

I was ready for a haircut when they shut everything down. After 4 more weeks I asked my wife if she would try to cut my hair. My Dad must have been right about where my head is. Anyway she has cut it four times now and..... and ah...... let's just say it's a work in progress. :eek::LOL::)

Marriage saving edit: But I do appreciate her effort.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom