Before I return the 200-400...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jun 23, 2005.

1. a few shots. More on the way after the Zoo.

original.

original.

this one made a decent 11x17, but the sun was behind clouds, unlike in the ones above. I plan to go back with the 300 f4 and 1.4x to get some flight shots :
    original.

2. Wow, that first shot is stunning. Well done Harris.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    All good Harris, but the first is awesome.

So are you just going to buy one? 8)

4. Exceptional work Harris. I hope you get one of your own soon as these shots are sure easy on the eye and I have been enjoying your posts with this lens.

5. Very nice, Harris! You must be very sad to have to return that lens. These shots are incredible!

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. WOW that first one is fantastic great job sorry I couldnt talk this AM I was heading into our board meeting will call you later to see how you are making out

8. The first image is truly outstanding.

I can see a 200-400mm VR in your future. :)

Russ

9. It's just a matter of time, now. :)

Harris, these are fantastic. Wish that larger branch hadn't been in the way in that third shot, but I'd print a large one of those as well anyway.

You continue to amaze me.

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Harris. How do you like the 200-400?

11. Thanks Gordon!

12. Hopefully some day, but not right now. Saving up. Mary likes using the D100, and had the 70-300 on. I think a 70-200 may be needed soon.

13. Thanks, I wouldnt throw it away if Santa brought one. 8)

14. Yeah, it was sad to see Godzilla go home. It is an awesome lens. I cant imagine anyone complaining about it's performance.

15. Thanks Mike, Russ, David and Harry. Dont know whats in store for me glass wise. Would love one of there. Right now I'm borrowing the 300 f2.8 and 1.7x tele. Will see what I can capture with that.

I will clone out that branch and redo the shot some. Thanks.

16. Superb shots HArris! Number 1 is a killer!

The lens is awesome, I love it and I am lucky I was busy enough this winter to save the extra money to buy one..it "completes" me! :lol:

17. Thanks George, I do believe I'd lean towards this one vs a 500 as it is more versatile, and can go to 550mm with a 1.4x on.

18. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    The 200-400 is my dream lens. Hopefully one day I'll have enough money to buy that baby of my own! Until then I will keep drooling.