Before I return the 200-400...

a few shots. More on the way after the Zoo.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

this one made a decent 11x17, but the sun was behind clouds, unlike in the ones above. I plan to go back with the 300 f4 and 1.4x to get some flight shots :

All good Harris, but the first is awesome.

So are you just going to buy one? 8)

Real Name
Dave Watts
Exceptional work Harris. I hope you get one of your own soon as these shots are sure easy on the eye and I have been enjoying your posts with this lens.

WOW that first one is fantastic great job sorry I couldnt talk this AM I was heading into our board meeting will call you later to see how you are making out

It's just a matter of time, now. :)

Harris, these are fantastic. Wish that larger branch hadn't been in the way in that third shot, but I'd print a large one of those as well anyway.

You continue to amaze me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
All good Harris, but the first is awesome.

So are you just going to buy one? 8)
Hopefully some day, but not right now. Saving up. Mary likes using the D100, and had the 70-300 on. I think a 70-200 may be needed soon.

dmwphoto said:
Exceptional work Harris. I hope you get one of your own soon as these shots are sure easy on the eye and I have been enjoying your posts with this lens.
Thanks, I wouldnt throw it away if Santa brought one. 8)

Kevin Scott said:
Very nice, Harris! You must be very sad to have to return that lens. These shots are incredible!
Yeah, it was sad to see Godzilla go home. It is an awesome lens. I cant imagine anyone complaining about it's performance.

Thanks Mike, Russ, David and Harry. Dont know whats in store for me glass wise. Would love one of there. Right now I'm borrowing the 300 f2.8 and 1.7x tele. Will see what I can capture with that.

I will clone out that branch and redo the shot some. Thanks.

Superb shots HArris! Number 1 is a killer!

The lens is awesome, I love it and I am lucky I was busy enough this winter to save the extra money to buy one..it "completes" me! :lol:

DiverX said:
Superb shots HArris! Number 1 is a killer!

The lens is awesome, I love it and I am lucky I was busy enough this winter to save the extra money to buy one..it "completes" me! :lol:
Thanks George, I do believe I'd lean towards this one vs a 500 as it is more versatile, and can go to 550mm with a 1.4x on.

The 200-400 is my dream lens. Hopefully one day I'll have enough money to buy that baby of my own! Until then I will keep drooling.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom