Beijing Hutong - Asking for critique

Beijing's hutong - or narrow alleys - are interesting places to walk around.

I'm not happy with the sky. Any comments about the image?

CopyofHutongBlur.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Justin

Since you asked for critique.

Interesting image.

What you could correct:

1) Sky - may be a GND filter or mask and add some character.
2) The basket being chopped off to the left.
3) May be slightly faster, I like the idea, but for now it seems too slow, I can barely see her.

This alleyway is not much smaller than some of the streets in Italy. Not mucy you can do about the sky except to have shot two images, one for the sky and one for the alley. You could then use layers in PS CS to sandwich the two. You person is a little too blurry to be of much value to the image so perhaps a little bit faster speed.

Justin forget about the sky, it has no interrest in this picture, that to me show the difference between the old China (inert bicycles) and the new China (fast moving woman).

Perhaps a polariser, if of course the sky wasn't cloudy, that would darken it a bit, or an ND grad, but hard in that shot. So some burning in Photoshop may be in order.

The orange seat cover and bag work well together.

Personally I'd like to see some movement in her left foot as I find it a little distracting from the overall flow of the woman.

I'm not worried about the edge of the basket missing, but feel if you could get the whole of the front wheel in, would also improve the image.

Then again, crouching down by bikes for a long time might get you some strange looks ;)

I've had a look at your gallery, very nice!
I especially like 13 and 6

~Jerrold

Latest threads

Top Bottom