Beijing Hutong

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JustinD, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Beijing's hutong (narrow alleyways) are the city's unofficial mascots. There are only a few pockets of these maze like neighborhoods left in the old part of the city and it's where one can find some truly authentic Chinese life being lived.
    hutongz3.

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi TKO

I always look forward to seeing your images. Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC

3. I would really like to visit there and learn that culture. Fascinating to me.
    Enjoy your shots of it for sure, so POST MORE!
    dave

4. A very nice one, Justin. I always like to photo the Hutong, but my last trip to Beijing was kind of rush and had no time to explore.

5. Robert and Frank - thanks for the comments. The hutong of Beijing fascinate me.

Phil - Next time you're here have a look around the "liu li chang" neighborhood. The hutongs there are probably the most authentic and un-tampered with. It's possible to get lost for hours there. And certainly very photogenic.

6. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Justin,

I have a Germany friend who did move from the US to Bejing a couple of months ago. We studied together in Charlotte, NC. He also shares the passion of photography. Would you like to exchange your email addresses with him?