Beijing Zoo, China 5/26/05

Just got back from an amazing trip to China. They have an amazing zoo, and while it's not exactly shooting wildlife, it's not easy and I came home with some nice shots. Enjoy!

DSC_5648.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_5990.jpg

DSC_6241.jpg

DSC_6322.jpg

DSC_6211.jpg

DSC_6086.jpg

DSC_5986.jpg

DSC_5751.jpg

DSC_5737.jpg

DSC_5931.jpg

DSC_5707.jpg

Hans and Flew thanks for your comments, there are so many subtleties at the zoo that often go unnoticed and I tried to go for those moments. Almost all of these shots were done through glass or fine wire mesh, so I had a heck of a time focusing (all manual!) and I have to say I am especially proud of some of the tiger shots. What is really interesting about China, is that the habitat's they they have for their larger animals are really amazing (although I don't agree with the concept of zoos) they live good lives. Some of the smaller animals on the other hand, could really use a new home.

A

abek

There's a beautiful "mood" about all of these excellent images that ties them all together. Really good work.

Nate, these are really nice. I especially like the zebra pic. :) :) I tend to like shots like this that are focussed in on a portion of the animal to show great detail, while still making it reasonably obvious what the aninal is.

Your tiger shots are superb!!!! Must have been a fantastic trip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom