Being hounded by another photographer

Some websites have a policy that all photos are subject to critique. When a subscriber creates an account at them, they agree to that policy. I have no idea what the policy is at the website Barry is referring to. Regardless of the policy, online bullying should never be permitted.
Correct, nearly all of the photography sites i've been apart of had an open critique rule if you posted a photo unless you stated "no critiques" for whatever reason. This is the only forum where the rules are different.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I did and the Mods did nothing
Not surprised at that occurring over there...

but sometimes I am overly fatuous for my own good.

Glad you are here at the cafe, but I would have about 50 hands if I counted the number of times we were accused of over-moderating, and maybe 50 more for being accused of under moderating. Fortunately, we are able to be hands off 99.99% of the time.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
If someone on a forum said to me " Hey, have you tried doing this, may help" to me is helpful

However this is what I was getting from him quote" If you EVER understood the main concept of photography, then perhaps one day you might understand " unquote. Virtually every photo I posted was like this or worse.

This was the last "attack" which did it for me. Really trying to put me down every time over a very very long time.

Why should I have to put up with this constant harrassing? well I had enough.
Just out of curiosity, what was the forum where this occurred? Just so as we can all avoid it.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Just out of curiosity, what was the forum where this occurred? Just so as we can all avoid it.
I would suggest that Barry drop you a note, I am moderately certain about which site, (but not completely certain,) and the team here would prefer to not get into a comparison or discussion on the relative merits of one location vs another.

After all, a large group of us left dpr way back in 2005 because of the Wild West nature of that site at that particular time. (I offer no thoughts or - statements on that site at all in it’s current format, or on any other sites.). There are currently good and bad sites in my humble opinion and the team would prefer the membership to not actively list or rate any site as a specific place to avoid.

(private conversations have their place)

+ comments and + suggestions on good buying experiences, nice web sites etc, are always permitted, however, within reason.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom