Bellydancer photoshoot

Pretty lady. You didn't ask for a critique, so not sure if you wanted one or not. They both have distracting elements in the background. On the first, if you took a step or two to your left, you would have eliminated all the bright, distracting street scenes and signs, cleaning up the image. The second one, that tree is coming out of her body, again, a few steps to your left, and that tree is no longer growing out of her body.

Lovely lady. Looks like everyone had fun, and she will indeed be able to show her kids she was a hottie!

Pretty lady. You didn't ask for a critique, so not sure if you wanted one or not. They both have distracting elements in the background. On the first, if you took a step or two to your left, you would have eliminated all the bright, distracting street scenes and signs, cleaning up the image. The second one, that tree is coming out of her body, again, a few steps to your left, and that tree is no longer growing out of her body.
I agree with both points, I often run into this same thing even still today by not paying attention to my backgrounds.. every now and then you have a situation where you cant move another angle but that should be pretty rare.

Denise also remember asking other photographers yields critique that non photographers wouldn't normally even notice.

I think you did a great job and she has images she will be able to show off to anyone and be proud of.

Denise also remember asking other photographers yields critique that non photographers wouldn't normally even notice.

This is something I need to keep reminding myself all the time, specially when taking pictures of my family. I agree with the critiques and the fact that your pictures are very nice. Your friend will likely cherish them forever. We (as photographers at any level), tend to be overly critical with items most people won't even notice :smile:

Very nice photos. I agree with the above critique, but personally, I like the street sign and lights background. I think it kind of adds to the theme and also, it is fairly soft so not too distracting. The tree is my only concern. A few steps to the left, or right, depending on what was around would have worked perfectly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with the critique about the tree. Honestly, I saw it the minute I uploaded it on the computer, but the damn back bend is so impressive, I wasn't even concentrating on the tree!!
As for the street photo, I was going for an urban vibe, so i wanted the stree lights & signs in the photo.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom