Belt system /lense pouches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by biggstr6, Jun 24, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I remember seeing a photo of a belt system of lense cases ( I think it may have been Ron Resnick), Anyway I'm considering trying to put one together.

Does anyone here use One ? If so do you like it? is it easy on the back? What brand ? Photos? pros & cons Etc...

Was also wondering if the nikon case for the 17-55 is like the one for the 70-200 (has belt loop & is rugged)?

From the photo It looks like its a soft cloth pouch w/drawstring and not conducive for belt use.

Thanks for your help.

2. Biggs
    The case for the 17-55 is just what you described and thus not suitable for belt use. I do not use such a system (yet) but I know of a good one I am considering
    thinktankphoto.com has a great system. I have several of their products already and they are fantastic in design and in quality.
    Flew was going to give them a look, but not sure if he did or not.

3. Domke has a belt system.

4. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I have a Kinesis system, which I like, but I think if I was buying again, I would try the thinktankphoto one. Probably not an issue for you, but the Kinesis sytem fits a woman better than the LowePro or Domke.

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    JUst saw the lowepro Vest /harness w/slip lock pouches.

That looks good . Anyone have any expierence with these?

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks Paul, or should I say Monty.
    Distributing the weight , flexability and comfort is what im looking for . My bag ,vest, and Backpack all have their place ,but I believe this may work better for my shooting jaunts.

Looking like a geek - well - at my age I figure im going to look like a geek anyway and my back & neck could use a rest.