1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Belted Kingfisher .....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by gillesk, Aug 5, 2008.

1. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hello,
    I have spent a lot of time trying for this bird. Finally got one today.
    They are so difficult to get close to ......
    This image is nothing fancy compare to what some have posted but it has been hard work getting it.

original.

Slight crop for composition.

I could probably get rid of some of the branches (bottom right and top left) but I do not want to mess around with the nice background; especially the one bottom right.

Thank you for looking.
    Gilles

2. Great shot Gilles, but now one from the front :biggrin: Some of the branches are a bit distracting from the image but as you say the background is nice and smooth.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot Gilles. I probably wouldn't change a thing on this one. The setting is very typical for these elusive little guys.

4. Nice shot Gilles - I've been stalking a family of them over by me for the last few months and haven't been able to get that close or get a decent shot of them.

5. Really Great shot of a very elusive bird!!

6. Nice one, I like it this way you see the whole back of the bird, yes they are very hard to get close to!

7. well done Gilles.. very nice shot... 2 hours in the hide for me today and all I got was wet.

8. Have to chime in and say the shot is great. I am still looking for one to shoot at a closer range.

9. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Great shot. I have the same problem. I actually get close to them sometimes but as soon as I stop, they take off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.