Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by fireman, Jul 4, 2008.

1. After running JerseyJay's speed test, I'm a little depressed. Even though I use my trusty QuickSilver mainly as a file server, I might be able to pick up a processor upgrade for "almost" a song. It shouldn't cost me much in terms of money but I might have to provide a few IOU in return. Having been bitten before, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I've been looking for G4 PowerMac benchmarks in order to try to find out if the speed and processing increase is worth the trouble. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much.

What I'd like to find is are benchmarks for the 733 MHZ QS that I own as well as a QS 800 MHZ dual processor and let's say, a 1.25 GHz G4 Mini. As far as raw speed is concerned, I'm pretty sure the Mini is the fastest but the L3 cache on the 800 MHz DP would probably provide and advantage when processing pictures in CS3 so it might be worth my while after all...

Anybody know where I cound find this information ?

2. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    Geekbench

http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/

These guys have a good cross platform benchmark suite. you can also browse similar results and get an idea of what memory upgrades and processor upgrades do for performance. It seems like it is roughly equivalent of the speed test in photoshop that is posted. My machine (a MDD 1ghz dual proc) scored 1min 24 on the photoshop test, and 1000 on the geekbench score. the current top of the line machines are getting on the order of 8-10 secs in photoshop, and around 8,000-10000 in geekbench.

Macsales is a good place for sourcing upgrades from videocards to processors

good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.