1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bengal tigers at the zoo

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by alexf, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 362888838_8tEGK-L.
    NIKON D80    ---    270mm    f/7.1    1/80s    ISO 160

362888923_iSBsw-L.
    NIKON D80    ---    400mm    f/7.1    1/40s    ISO 160

Miami Metrozoo

2. Alex,

I like these...particularly the first one. I find the framing to be very effective. And, the darker background helps bring out the subject (the tiger).

Glenn

3. WOW! Beautiful captures! That first one is really nice because it looks like the tiger is guarding a building or something, very dramatic, I like the 2nd one for the simplicity. Nice shooting!

4. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Very nice. How did you get photos like these? Is there a bus tour through the enclosure?

5. No. The enclosure is very open, with a dry deep moat. The exhibit is a little elevated (a mound) so the angle is always good for viewers. I shot several with the 80-400VR in between 300-400mm range.

6. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    That's a very good setup. The local zoo here has the enclosure completely surrounded in chainlink, so it's not so great for pictures.

7. Lovely pictures and very nice cats.

8. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Love the first one - agree with Dianne - looks like the Tiger is in the wild outside a building

#2 is a great shot but seems weird to see the tiger on the relatively manicured lawn!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.