Benjamin

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Benjamin sitting on the chaise

Ben2_DSC950105100ed.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You know when I look at this image I see so much. My eye wonders all around this image. Is Benjamin your son? He looks like he has a lot on his mind. I like the tone and feel of this image. So boyish.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
You know when I look at this image I see so much. My eye wonders all around this image. Is Benjamin your son? He looks like he has a lot on his mind. I like the tone and feel of this image. So boyish.

Thanks, I think that's a compliment. I rather like the multiple depths in this shot. He is actually my grandson, at 10 years old a remarkably gifted poet and writer. He certainly has the looks and the tempermen to be a print model but his parents don't like the life that would get him into.

nice shot of a very handsome boy
the blown light from the window, while unavoidable, is distracting

Thanks about the handsome part. Luckily enough he gets none of his looks from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's a compliment...sorry about that. :biggrin:

I like the composition, particularly his position in the picture. I presume it's because his torso is following the rule of thirds one way, and his legs are doing it the other way. It looks like there's two very different light sources -artificial light in the foreground, natural in the background. That distracts me and pulls my eyes to the background, away from the subject.

Hi Lew,

Sorry I'm late to comment. I like this one, but as Ryan said, the two light sources kind of leave me wondering which one I'd prefer - the yellowish one or the natural one. Other than that, this image is technically sound and the composition is good. It doesn't provoke any kind of emotion in me, although I bet it would if it were my child or grandchild.

Allen

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Hi Lew,
It doesn't provoke any kind of emotion in me, although I bet it would if it were my child or grandchild.

Thanks for the response.
I completely understand about the emotion issue; my attachment to my grandchildren makes it very difficult for me to be objective about the pictures I take of them.

M

Marina

Benjamin is a very good looking boy. I don't mind the bright light on bg at all, i think it adds character. :smile:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom