Benjamin

Discussion in 'People' started by the_traveler, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    It' a nice shot, but it looks like he just woke up.

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You know when I look at this image I see so much. My eye wonders all around this image. Is Benjamin your son? He looks like he has a lot on his mind. I like the tone and feel of this image. So boyish.

3. nice shot of a very handsome boy
    the blown light from the window, while unavoidable, is distracting

4. Thanks, I think that's a compliment. I rather like the multiple depths in this shot. He is actually my grandson, at 10 years old a remarkably gifted poet and writer. He certainly has the looks and the tempermen to be a print model but his parents don't like the life that would get him into.

Thanks about the handsome part. Luckily enough he gets none of his looks from me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yes it's a compliment...sorry about that. :biggrin:

6. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I like the composition, particularly his position in the picture. I presume it's because his torso is following the rule of thirds one way, and his legs are doing it the other way. It looks like there's two very different light sources -artificial light in the foreground, natural in the background. That distracts me and pulls my eyes to the background, away from the subject.

7. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Hi Lew,

Sorry I'm late to comment. I like this one, but as Ryan said, the two light sources kind of leave me wondering which one I'd prefer - the yellowish one or the natural one. Other than that, this image is technically sound and the composition is good. It doesn't provoke any kind of emotion in me, although I bet it would if it were my child or grandchild.

Allen

8. Thanks for the response.
    I completely understand about the emotion issue; my attachment to my grandchildren makes it very difficult for me to be objective about the pictures I take of them.

9. Marina

Marina Guest

Benjamin is a very good looking boy. I don't mind the bright light on bg at all, i think it adds character. :smile:

10. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017