Berger Brothers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warren, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Anyone have any experience buying from bERGER Brothers? Are they legit ? Or should I stay away. Thanks.

2. I never have, but have read many posts on this forum that praise their service.

3. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    I've heard nothing but good things about them. People call Brad Berger for advice in other forums. Highly praised.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    EXCELLENT, ask for Lisa and tell her Doug sent ya. ;) I just talked to her a few minutes on Friday. I've bought a lens or two from them, a Leica camera, some Heliopan filters. All great transactions.

I've never had anything but good luck with them. In fact, I'll tend to pay a few bucks more from them if necessary over anyplace but BH usually... I always call Lisa first.

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I consider berger Bros Camera to be The Very Best!!

Ask for Brad Berger (owner) and tell him John in KY referred you. If Brad is tied up, ask for Larry (store manager), and tell him the same.

In the past 24 months I bought from Brad: D2X, 2 D200's, 2 D70s's, 2 D70's, 200-400VR, 28-70/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 2 18-200's, 70-300VR, a bunch of Lowepro, Canon pro video equipment, and more. All very successful transactions.

6. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I bought my d200 from brad last year. If they are out of stock on a particular item that you want, they are pretty good about calling and following up with you when they get it in stock.

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Ok, everyone deals with Brad, I still like Lisa!

8. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I got a call from lisa onetime;)
    She wanted to know if I was still interested in a 18-200

9. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I say Hi to Lisa when she answers the phone... before she connects me with BRAD!!

10. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    I have had nothing but good luck with Berger Bros and have talked with and placed orders thru Brad the majority of the time. I have purchased my Sigma 10-20, Nikon 300 F4. SB800, Giottos Tripod to name a few items from him. Not always cheaper than B & H but service is tops. I got a friend of mine to buy a D200 and eventually ordered a 18-200VR from him, he got the lens relatively quick, I believe within a month, others have been waiting 3 months or more. Brad is a slick salesman as well, always seeing if you need an accessory or two but he is a gentleman and honest so I will continue to buy the majority of items from him. - Jeff

11. Brad The-Man Berger is The Dude. I used to buy straight from B&H but now, I go to him first.

12. I scored an 18-200 VR from the when they first came out, and at a reasonable price. I found their service to be first class and I'd buy from them again.

TIPS: Tell them you heard about them on the Internet and if you're buying a lens, don't buy a filter unless you specify the brand you want. Perhaps I was stupid/naive but I didn't and wound up with a Brand X as in VERY Brand X.

BUT! I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

13. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I have Brad's card, but nobody told me to ask for him when I first went there, so I've talked to Lisa, she's very nice, works for me. I think he included a card in one of my orders sometime...

14. I bought my D70s + 24-120VR + Bag + Tripod + some other stuff from them... The experience was all positive for me. Debra was my customer rep ( I think she is gone now) but she was very helpful and friendly. In fact, she even checked up me several weeks later to see if everything was going well.

I even have a few pics in their customer gallery....
    http://www.berger-bros.com/gallery/customer_gallery.html

15. I bought a D200 from them.

Got a call about 2 months after I purchased the camera from the owner. He just wanted to know if everything went OK with my order. At first I was like........... "Whaaaaa what?". I'm NOT used to this type of service.

Great place get camera gear.
    JohnG

16. I have heard all good about them here and other venues .
    Hope it helps,
    Rich