1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Berlin Soccer Fan zone of the UEFA 2008 Soccer Tournament [11 pics!]

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by DanielD, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Hello,
    yesterday was the final match of the European Soccer Tournament, Germany vs. Spain. To make it short, Spain won the final well deserved.

I visited the fan zone (we call it Fanmeile - fan mile) in the heart of Berlin, 5 hours before the match and it was already filling well. I took a ride on a big wheel and took some grab shots later on before I left again as I was invited to watch the game with friends. So here are a few of my pictures:

322964346_EbFXz-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The view to the Brandenburg Gate

322964575_Z8Lci-O.jpg

The German Parliament building with the Soviet War Memorial in front

322964807_xFFYN-O.jpg

My lookout.

322965398_aD2vr-O.jpg

322965498_5Atgs-O.jpg

322965964_NJFQZ-O.jpg

322966057_raaaw-O.jpg

322966139_Ya564-O.jpg

322966314_hLEvW-O.jpg

322966390_iCp8d-O.jpg

322966866_mhXG9-O.jpg

A lady painting the crowd waiting at the security check to enter the fan zone

Sorry for the big pile of pictures, I hope you enjoyed them nevertheless. At least I can be sure you now know the German flag. :wink:

Thanks for looking.

2. gnet158

gnet158 Guest

Ha! Too bad they lost.

via Espania

Great shots!

3. That was a great game. Both teams played well, the best one won! And the real treat--US mainstream network TV carried it, so I could watch at home!! (Thank you ABC).

Those are great pictures. I've lived thru similar things over cricket in India!

4. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Nice photos, the best team won. Spain played well and well deserved the victory..

5. Amen to that! It is nice to finally see the American networks broadcast the Futbol matches.

Ballack's Blood Offering just wasn't enough to appease the Futbol Gods. Spain just simply outplayed them with one-touch passes and finesse. Well played by Spain. Deutschland... nich so.

These are neat photos and thank you for sharing them. I would have liked to have been there.

-joedy

6. That is so cool!

That is so cool - image if they would have won - it would have turned into a major all night party I bet! :biggrin:

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Series!

8. Thanks all! I bet they had a long party either way. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.