Bessa Test Shots, pt.I

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, May 25, 2007.

1. My Bessa R3a and Nokton 40mm f1.4 lens arrived yesterday (maybe Ned will get off my case now):biggrin:. So, I finally got a chance to get out and do some test shots with varying light and subjects. So far I am pleased with the way the camera performs. And Chris I fully empathize with the "learning curve"!

#1. Eating at the "Lucky Greek"... (shot from my truck while waiting in the drive-thru).

[​IMG]

#2. Walking the dog?... (zone focused and shot from the hip while sitting).

[​IMG]

#3. I may not have a home but I have a phone ... (zone focused and shot from the hip)

[​IMG]

2. AAAA-HA! Bessa R3-A, huh? :biggrin:!!!

You and Chris are better be posting lotsa stuff in the coming months! I can't wait!

3. Yeah, it's the R3A since I wanted the 1:1 viewfinder. I'm having a hard time seeing both framelines, though. The lens seems contrasty and sharp. Next up is the 75mm. Oh, I think that Chris and I will be posting lots of shots! :smile:

4. Goooooooooood (insert Mister Burns/The Simpsons voice :Crunk:)

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Why does #1 make me think Clerks II?

6. Lol! :biggrin:

7. i like the tonals on "lucky greek", but think it's the composition that holds my eye with the rectangular forms, and in particular the three bands of highlight, first the vertical white near doorway, the horizontal white in background, and then the rooftop white band, all good highlight with greys down to blacks falling into place elswhere in the frame. like this shot...and the other shots in this series.

8. ...#2........... a total killer!

G

9. Uber perceptive Rodney - exactly why I took the shot especially with the very contrasty lighting and the white building.

Just trying my inexperienced hand at zone focusing. Y muchas gracias mi amigo!

10. Great shots Ray, I love to shoot from the hip myself

11. Thanks Mike. All my life I've been accused of shooting from the hip so why not take a few pictures that way. :biggrin: