best 4x6 photo printer?

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Ridebyshootings, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Hello, im looking to buy a 4x6 photo printer. What in your opinon is the best bang for the buck? Best quality photo and least expensive to buy refills for? What are you using? Is there such a thing as a battery powered unit? I do bike shows, poker runs, charity rides for the magazine and this would be a nice thing to give as gifts to the winners of these events. Thanks in advance for all you time.
    Drew "valet" Christiansen
    at CBN

2. I bought an Epson CX8400 because it met those same requirements, plus it will do 8x10s, 8x14s, and ordinary printing as well. All for somewhere between $75 and $90. It only uses four inks (c,m,y,b) so keeping extra ink backups in stock is not a budget-bustin excercise, either.

Print quality is excellent...perhaps some lost nuance ompared to $300-400 printers, but not much. If you only want photos and 4x6 prints, then Canon Selphy's and Olympus dye transfer printers might provide slightly better prints (although the two Selphy's I bought friends both developed problems).

3. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.