best cheap large format paper

I've got a show coming up and will need to do a lot of test printing.

I'm looking for a larger format two-sided paper that's good but inexpensive.

I will print first on 8.5 x 11, but for larger images, I want to run one at the large size before I use my archival paper.

I'm not sure what the point of a full size test print is on different paper than what you are going to exhibit. Also not sure what printer you have or how large you are talking about, but the cost of the ink could be as much or more than the cost of paper.

FYI Staples has a 2 sided matte for about $24.00. Nice weight and I think it"s made by a big manufacturer.I've had very nice comments on it.It comes 13 x 19 & 8 x 10.

One more thing: I never get a perfect match when switching papers. Close. Not exactly the same.

Take the large paper and cut it down to 5x4 or whatever makes sense and do the test print on that.

Test prints need to be done on the same paper as final product.

Another "trick" is to print only a sectional part of the large print but it will be full size. Say do a face only 4x6 evaluation of a 11x14.

Sharpness settings may change when going from one paper to another and one size to another. Therefore the need for both types of tests. Do your color and density on the small one and then the section to evaluate sharpness and as a final test on density.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom