Best Craigs List Advert Ever

What is it a Craig's List?

Can I have a list too? I'd call it Martin's List.
It's suppose to be reputable online advertising. You can find lots of stuff there (FOR SALE). I've never bought anything tho. I do better with EBAY! I love EBAY!

Not sure why it's called Craig's List...perhaps Craig invented it.

Great little ad.

I'm just afraid that the ironic humor of it will be totally lost on those for whom it is targeted...
Yes, undoubtedly. But it made me feel better knowing I wasn't alone in these ridiculous requests. My wife reminded me that a few years ago I told a band that was wanting free pix from an event that they could come play at one of my parties for free and hang their banner on my backyard fence. They never got back to me:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting. I grew up in East Austin and there are actually some old (very old) sweet houses that you could add wings to. It gave me a good chuckle!

Regards,

Paul

My favorite craiglist ad is still the guy selling cinder blocks...a little too "R" rated for the cafe (language) but man is it one of the funniest I have ever read :wink:

You should probably be aware of this as well: http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/5/craigslist_countersues_ebay_for_launching_craigslist_killer_

I used to be an avid Ebay fan, and have been a member since 1998, but with their new business model of little-guy indifference and a long series of fix-it-when-it's-not-broke practices, my affection for them has waned. I still buy and sell there, but nowhere near as much as I did in years past.

Yes, undoubtedly. But it made me feel better knowing I wasn't alone in these ridiculous requests. My wife reminded me that a few years ago I told a band that was wanting free pix from an event that they could come play at one of my parties for free and hang their banner on my backyard fence. They never got back to me:rolleyes:
Boy, do I hear you on that one. Since I do the website for a famous musician, I've had so many requests from musicians to do their websites, BUT they tell me that they have no money. They think I will sit for hours designing pages, making soundclips and setting up an online store for them to sell their CDs (which they did find the money to record and pay for the copies), and they want it all for free. Yea, right! Like my web design classes were free (uh-huh). I don't even respond anymore to stuff like that, or if I do, I let them know what it cost me to go to school to learn to do what I do.

Carole

Craig's list is free and usually local so item and money can be exchanged in person. Ebay reaches a much larger audience and costs through the nose. I always use Craigs list first then ebay.

You should probably be aware of this as well: http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/5/craigslist_countersues_ebay_for_launching_craigslist_killer_

I used to be an avid Ebay fan, and have been a member since 1998, but with their new business model of little-guy indifference and a long series of fix-it-when-it's-not-broke practices, my affection for them has waned. I still buy and sell there, but nowhere near as much as I did in years past.
I am so over ebay. I was an ebay-a-holic when they first started, but I never use them anymore. I hate their policies and their relationship with PayPal. They take so much out with fees, it's like a major scam IMHO. :mad: I'd much rather buy on the forums here (Canon has them too), or at Craigslist.

I agree, Cleo. The only thing is that if you want to sell certain items, eBay is the only place with exposure to a lot of people. I also do not like their newer practices, especially on the sellers. I only charged people the cost I paid for shipping, yet I ended up with a 4.2 rating (which eBay considers bad). According to eBay, we should offer free shipping (like I could afford to do that). I've noticed a lot of sellers now put a bit on their ads about those ratings and tell people to contact them if they can't rate them a 5. Even with all of that, by the time you pay the cost to put the ad up, then the percentage, it's nuts. I wish someone would open up a place to give them some competition.

Carole

Excellent!!!

Although after working as a mechanic for a few years; I can honestly say if you want to be in a trade where everyone wants a favor for free; buy a toolbox!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom