Best deals?

Have any of you used LensAuthority for gear? They are the sister site for LensRental.com, and sell their stuff. They have a "VG" Nikon 70-200 E FL w two year warranty for $1650.

Adorama and KeH had some for $1500-$1700, but sold out, and only have one for $1800 now.

The VR2 version is still selling for $1100-$1300, but I'd rather pony up the extra $$$ for the newer better lens. The ones under $1000 look pretty beat up.

Thanks in advance

I've never bought from them, but I would think they are reliable. The downside is you can expect the lens has been rented to quite a few people, and you have no knowledge whether it was abused by some of them. On the other hand, I think Lens Rentals takes very good care of their products, and a 2-year warranty sounds pretty good.

Have you looked at mpb.com? They have several in the same price range.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never bought from them, but I would think they are reliable. The downside is you can expect the lens has been rented to quite a few people, and you have no knowledge whether it was abused by some of them. On the other hand, I think Lens Rentals takes very good care of their products, and a 2-year warranty sounds pretty good.

Have you looked at mpb.com? They have several in the same price range.
No sir I've not heard of MPB.com. I went ahead and jumped on the one from LensAuthority. I called and spoke with a nice girl that answered all of my questions, and I went a head and ordered. I recieved a call back from management to verify order, she was also very courteous, and assured me if there are any issues I will be taken care of, and I should have the lens Tuesday.

I'm pretty excited, this is my first high dollar glass.

You picked a great example of high dollar glass to get started with. I own the lens and it is spectacular. Post some pics when you can. Congrats (y)
Absolutely! If it shows up Tues, I will test it, then Wednesday morning I'll run out to the desert as sun comes up and give it a workout, then Ill hit the bird sanctuary for a while. Haven't been there in quite some time.

It's been darn hot though, it was 116° today.

I have bought from LensAuthority....a 500mm f4 for $$$$! Great company and integrity.
Thats good to hear. I usually use KeH or Adorama. KeH was $1799+, and another $99 for warranty, Adorama had one last Saturday in "E-" for $1599, but it was gone before I had my affairs in order. I then stumbled across LensAuthority, and started looking into them, and then called them.

I was seriously looking at the Sigma $1300, but for a few $ more, I figured might as well go top shelf with the Nikon.

Lens arrived today. This thing is in fantastic shape! I have a trip planned for grand canyon and surrounding areas this weekend, I'll give it a good workout.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom