Best Domke Bag for D700

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a Domke bag for my setup. I'm considering the F2, F4AF or F3X.

I'd be carrying my D700 with a 24-70 attached and either a 17-35 or 105VR + Flash and some filters.

That said, for something compact what do you think my best bet is?

Could any of you who own most of these bags describe the difference in their ability to hold more gear?

Thanks,

Dave

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a Domke bag for my setup. I'm considering the F2, F4AF or F3X.

I'd be carrying my D700 with a 24-70 attached and either a 17-35 or 105VR + Flash and some filters.

That said, for something compact what do you think my best bet is?

Could any of you who own most of these bags describe the difference in their ability to hold more gear?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, I just picked up the Think Tank Speed racer for just such a set up. Looks about perfect. Shoulder bag or waist bag... Check it out... I have not used it enough (at all really) to give you an idea, but I think it will work very well...

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm really trying to stay away form a camera bag type bag in this case which is why I am looking at the Domke. I actually own the TT modular system and combine this with my backpack from Kinesis which is a fantastic combination.

I guess I'm looking for something that I can carry with me at all times, so the camera never has to stay at home.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm really trying to stay away form a camera bag type bag in this case which is why I am looking at the Domke. I actually own the TT modular system and combine this with my backpack from Kinesis which is a fantastic combination.

I guess I'm looking for something that I can carry with me at all times, so the camera never has to stay at home.

I always feel like I am looking for the perfect bag, so feel your "pain." I thought Domke made camera bags also?

I am really loving my Think Tank Urban Disguise 30. It has my D700, 24-70, and 105VR in it. Supposedly a 70-200 will fit instead of the 105VR, but don't tell my wife. The D700 is a more snug fit than my D300. An L-plate will probably still fit, but don't consider this if you want the MB-D10 grip.

As for the flash, there are side stretch pockets it could fit in, or the front pocket where Think Tank claims a pro body can fit, but then the bag might bulge a bit. It might also fit inside the main compartment if you pack very tightly.

I don't think I'll ever buy any brand bag except for Think Tank ever again...they are as good as everyone says. The Urban Disguise 30 doesn't look like a camera bag at all: it looks like a male European shoulder bag. The Urban Disguise 40 looks like a laptop bag to me, hence why I chose the 30 which is too small to be mistaken for a laptop bag.

My father uses Domke, always has since the 1970s. They are nice bags for sure, but they don't have the quality/build/attention to detail of Think Tank.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom