1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

best lens for FLARE resistance???

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Nuteshack, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i have no clue really but suspect by mere design alone the tamron 90 macro might very well be near the top:cool: 

this lens tends to shine in even the harshest of conditions:biggrin:
    @f3.5
    687823274_8a455aed67_o.

2. Fisheye lenses...

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i'll take your word on that ..never used one, just flipping through the images makes me dizzy ..lol
    ;-)

4. rubendparra

rubendparra Guest

agree with nb , altough the image has some flare other lenses are more prone to flare in the same condition , that's one of the reason i prefer the 17-35 over the 17-55 for landscape

560339047_4c92edadfa_b.

5. In my collection its probebly the 17-35/2,8 Nikkor.

worst ? Nikkor 50mm/1,8D without doubt :) 

[​IMG]

6. rubendparra

rubendparra Guest

nice portrait (without flare) 50 1.8?? , i guess more important than the glass prone of flare is the hood , there are lot of bad and good designed hood.

7. Yes the 50mm/1,8D. A hood would most likely not help in this case since the sun would be hitting the front element anyway due to the angle i shot it at.

Then on the other hand, the flare was intentional in this shot.

Here is another flare shot but less centered.
    [​IMG]

Nice shot btw!

/Paul L.

8. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    Detroit
    IME, the sigma 18-50 f/2.8 EX, the 24-120vr and the 80-400vr have some of the best flare handling characteristics of the lenses that I own. Here's a sample from the 18-50.

NIKON D200    ---    38mm    f/8.0    1/6400s    ISO 800

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    45p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.