1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Best, Master, Abus, American Lock

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by TomP, Jul 29, 2009.

1. You reckon it's locked???

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  2. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    Haha that funny because it only takes 1 lock to unlock the gate.

3. Nice images, love the DOF. A whole lot of years ago, we had a family gate with about 10 locks on it. At the time locks came with two keys, and you could buy them anywhere, but you had to go to town to have keys made, so each family put their own lock on the gate, that way they all had access to the property without having to make any keys. Sounds kind of stupid in this day in age, but it made sense back then.

4. Thanks Eric. These shots are result of curiosity and goggle earth. I put in an address of a news story, and saw an unusual construction project in the flood plain of the river. It turned out to be part of the Heritage River Park Trail, only open on weekends, I guess every dept in the city, and contractor has a lock there. I was pleased with the diversity of locks, and thankfully pulled out my Sig 30 to play with the DOF. I would have like better light.

5. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    I bet you can knock two pins out of the hinges on the gate and have it wide open. All locks of this kind are only an obstacle to the casual trespasser. I like your photos.

6. LOL, if you could, you could not pick it up, must have been made in place or in the city shop, 4x4 and 2x2 steel tube construction:biggrin:

7. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Good find Tom!
    This is actually quite typical along the railroad right of way. The lock on the left is the railroad lock and the others are for people who may need to enter that area but do not need keys to the entire railroad. Access is often granted to fiber companies, electric companies, billboard companies, other railroads, etc. Each one puts on their own lock and of course, only one is needed to open the gate.
    Pete

8. misticblu

misticblu

Jun 13, 2008
    Round Oak
  9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice color & dof!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.