Best, Master, Abus, American Lock

You reckon it's locked???

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice images, love the DOF. A whole lot of years ago, we had a family gate with about 10 locks on it. At the time locks came with two keys, and you could buy them anywhere, but you had to go to town to have keys made, so each family put their own lock on the gate, that way they all had access to the property without having to make any keys. Sounds kind of stupid in this day in age, but it made sense back then.

Nice images, love the DOF. A whole lot of years ago, we had a family gate with about 10 locks on it. At the time locks came with two keys, and you could buy them anywhere, but you had to go to town to have keys made, so each family put their own lock on the gate, that way they all had access to the property without having to make any keys. Sounds kind of stupid in this day in age, but it made sense back then.
Thanks Eric. These shots are result of curiosity and goggle earth. I put in an address of a news story, and saw an unusual construction project in the flood plain of the river. It turned out to be part of the Heritage River Park Trail, only open on weekends, I guess every dept in the city, and contractor has a lock there. I was pleased with the diversity of locks, and thankfully pulled out my Sig 30 to play with the DOF. I would have like better light.

I bet you can knock two pins out of the hinges on the gate and have it wide open. All locks of this kind are only an obstacle to the casual trespasser. I like your photos.

Good find Tom!
This is actually quite typical along the railroad right of way. The lock on the left is the railroad lock and the others are for people who may need to enter that area but do not need keys to the entire railroad. Access is often granted to fiber companies, electric companies, billboard companies, other railroads, etc. Each one puts on their own lock and of course, only one is needed to open the gate.
Pete

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom