Best MILC camera for low light?

For those of you who have tried various MILC formats, which do you think has the best performance with low light? OM-D with it's 5-axis IBIS & fast prime or an APS-C sized sensor body also with fast prime? Tempted to get another OM-D by Christmas specifically for low light work (guessing prices will drop with new bodies), but I'd also consider something like an NEX-6 or X-E1 with fast prime. I'm pretty happy with the V1 for everything daylight related, but the 1 system falls apart in low light...though beats every mirrorless camera in AF. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the Fujis with the 35/1.4. The 35 is really a sweet performer now.

Last edited by a moderator:
After using the NEX-7, E-M5 and NEX-6, I find the NEX-6 performs best with the SAL1650 lens via the LA-EA2 adapter (haven't tried this combo with the NEX-7). Very accurate and fast even in low light, but not so portable lol

However, the NEX-6 alone with the SEL24f1.8, SEL35f1.8 or the kit 18-55 lens, it wasn't that great in low light. Same story with the NEX-7.

I haven't used the nex so cant comment but the Fuji is 2 stops better than the 16mp Olympus sensor

Real Name
Chris
... so the fuji x-trans sensor is actually something new and improved?

I heard the term some time ago, but assumed it was marketing hype, but it's come up a lot lately. Of course it has to compete agains the Nikon 7100 for low light. It comes down to how do you hold your camera ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
without question. its like going from a d300 to a d700 in terms of the difference in output.
Gonna have to try Fuji out. I just want a one lens setup. I wonder if I'm better off getting the X100S? I'd stick to the Nikon 1 to handle my MILC shooting for daytime due to the AF.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom