Best online image hosting gallery?

Real Name
Matt
Hey all, I'm looking for suggestions for an image hosting site.

I need to create an image gallery for work that will host product images to be embedded on a retail site. The primary use is for ECommerce, brand logos diagrams and other embedded media that will be hosted there as well.

Doesn't need to be a free service, I'd prefer a paid secure service. We currently use Flickr for our artwork however that won't work for the rest of our embedded media.

Thanks!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Many of us use either SmugMug (my website connection is below) or Zenfolio. Both offer a free 30 day trial period. Both offer hosting of images, varying level of security, commerce, etc. Both offer templates to start off with and customization on SmugMug is very, very simple.

Use my email for a first year discount on SmugMug..... butlerkid@msn.com

I have used iPower to host my website and handle my Domains renewals for some 15 years now.
They have always provided an excellent service and have seemingly completely reliable and fast servers.

My "Galleries" are contained within my own web site (which resides on iPower's servers) and I take care of the contents and updating of my web site personally.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
FWIW.....hubby uses Zenfolio and I use SM. Many moved away from SM when they had to re-write their s/w to enable major enhancements. While I hated that the change forced me to re-do my site, in the end it was extremely well worth it and I'm glad I stayed with SM. Now SM is much more flexible and more adaptable, IMO, than Zenfolio. Having said that, Zenfolio is a viable solution for many. That's the reason I said that both offer a free trial period.

I can't recall for sure, but I think you're right, Karen, that the announcement of upcoming major changes in their software at Smugmug was a factor in my decision to switch, but also at the time I found that Zenfolio was much easier to use for certain features and functions, including hot linking, which I don't really need to do much of these days. That was quite a while ago, Zenfolio was the new kid on the block at the time.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Best, lol, either one. I use Zen pro, and keep my pages looking like old web pages from 10 years ago, because that is what I like!

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I have used iPower to host my website and handle my Domains renewals for some 15 years now.
They have always provided an excellent service and have seemingly completely reliable and fast servers.

My "Galleries" are contained within my own web site (which resides on iPower's servers) and I take care of the contents and updating of my web site personally.
I do the same with Dreamhost. I use glFusion as my content management software. It isn’t for everyone but I like it.

I have used Zenfolio since 2007. Nothing professional of course.
In the last years, I find the response times are really, really bad. Frequent interruptions and page freezing.
Images not loading, pages not loading, taking forever before uploaded images become available, linked images in posts disappearing from time to time, etc.
Changes in behaviour of page options they won't even admit.
If I hadn't that many images stored, I would have left a long time ago. It will probably be one of my first projects for when I'm retired. Unless the issues are fixed by then - "their engineers are always working hard and monitoring the system performance to get the issues fixed". So, who knows...
I most certainly wouldn't recommend Zenfolio to anybody starting now.
It is relatively cheap though, 40USD for a year, unlimited storage.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I have used Zenfolio since 2007. Nothing professional of course.
In the last years, I find the response times are really, really bad. Frequent interruptions and page freezing.
Images not loading, pages not loading, taking forever before uploaded images become available, linked images in posts disappearing from time to time, etc.
Changes in behaviour of page options they won't even admit.
If I hadn't that many images stored, I would have left a long time ago. It will probably be one of my first projects for when I'm retired. Unless the issues are fixed by then - "their engineers are always working hard and monitoring the system performance to get the issues fixed". So, who knows...
I most certainly wouldn't recommend Zenfolio to anybody starting now.
It is relatively cheap though, 40USD for a year, unlimited storage.
Agreed. My husband puts his videos on Zenfolio. Recently while just browsing he noticed that some videos had disappeared. He contacted Zenfolio and their response was "Don't know what happened......just upload them again....." And sometimes the videos will get "corrupted" and stop playing.......when they have been working fine with no problems.

BTW - SM support is outstanding. I usually get a repsonse within 12-24 hours...and always knowledgeable and friendly help.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom