Best online prices?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Jul 20, 2005.

1. So far for me and recommendations from other cafe members, www.buydig.com seems to have the lowest prices. Anyways, I'm wondering if there are any other online vendors or stores that are price competitive (besides b&h and adorama) and reputable?

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Jonathon,

I have spent plenty at Penn Camera and Samy's Camera, both have online stores. Have never experienced any problems whatsoever.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
  4. I second the endorsement of buydig.com. I've done a good bit of business with them lately, all flawlessly with no sales shams or hassles.

5. Third vote for buydig.com

I just wish their S3Pro price was closer to the sharks. :lol:

JohnG

6. I have bought from buydig and always had great service.

Ordered SB800 paid 5 day shipping (cheapest) and got it in
    two days.

Also dealt with digitalfotoclub and had no problem.

Canoga Camera is where I bought my D70 and they are great too.

Of course B&H is great.

Living in a small town I do a lot of business on the web.

7. This may sound cheesy, but I always am partial to Ritz camera, mostly because they price match and if you're not happy with the quality (if you buy a Sigma 12-24 which have known build quality differences) they are happy to swap it out within 15 days.

Other than Ritz, I like Mel Pierce Camera, www.melpiercecamera.com , and Cal's Camera down here in Newport / Costa Mesa. Mel Pierce is in Hollyweird...

8. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    I am a big fan of Roberts Imaging. It's important to call them, though, as usually they'll beat or at least match the best online prices.

Service from Roberts has been perfect, as well.

9. I would buy local more often, but sometimes it's just easier to whip out the plastic and order online! Oh yeah, I like http://www.prophotosupply.com

They're a pretty good mom and pop shop in Portland!

10. Robert's Imaging store on ebay has great prices...

997 for a D70 kit, less $100 rebate is a great deal.

11. I just shopped BuyDig for a Nikon Lens. Their prices are lower than B&H but their shipping charges are much higher. At B&H it's $9.40 for 3-5 day delivery, while at BuyDig it's $26.95 for 3-5 day delivery, same item.

Total: $314.90 at B&H, $305 at BuyDig.

So you still save at BuyDig, but their initial price is deceptive. This tends to diminish my trust.

Maybe they're in California? Still $26.95 to ship a 15-oz lens seems excessive.

12. Hi Pa,

I believe buydig is located in the east coast. I ordered my SB-800 through them and just did the standard shipping. The item arrived in timely fashion, and I didn't have to wait very long at all for the flash. I'm located in southern California.

Have fun!

13. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    Buydig.com and Beachcamera.com are both the same companies. I've ordered plenty from them b/c B&H and Adorama charge tax (since they're based in NY.)

Always remember to check www.resellerratings.com !

14. I always check eBay, because many retailers sell on eBay. I also like NewEgg and PriceGrabbber. I've found it pays to shop, even at my local camera store.

15. Here is some feedback by actual customers of many of the stores we use here and other less known stores. I have found this helpful when I needed to find an unusual or hard to find item and could not find it at any of my usual stores.

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

16. Hi Muril, Newegg rules for all computer and storage related material! Their compact flash cards are cheaper than on BH or Adorama. Too bad they're in California, since I have to pay tax darn it!

17. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Of course it depends on what you are looking for,however KEH is outstanding as well