Best place to buy Lens front caps

So far I've lost several front lens caps. Someday they'll show up but in the meantime I need to replace them... Where's the best place to get them? Would Ebay work for them? Just don't have a clue where to start looking.

Many thanks,

Gaye

That's so simple I never would have thought of it.. thanks very much!

No stores here in my city have Nikon products so guess best to just to through internet stores.

thanks and also think I'll get some spares...Amazing how fast they disappear.....

Gaye

It doesn't need to be a Nikon branded cap - unless you're after the Nikon badge on the front. Most lens caps are designed to fit into a standard filter front (assuming you've got a skylight on the ront of your lens) - it's just a case of finding one the right diameter.

I've also see a neat little item which is a sticky pad which sticks onto the outside off the lens cap, with a cord and plastic loop on the end, so you can loop it around the strap attachment point on the body. Pull of your lens cap and it's left dangling from your camera body.

gho

You can get Nikon OEM ones from B&H - that's where I got mine. I recently replaced all of my lense caps (those that have the corner push things) with the newer ones that have the pinch release in the front, so that I can remove the lense cap with the hood in place.

I dunno about those lense cap teathers, I have one on my Sony miniDV cam, and man is it annoying to have that thing swaying back and forth (especially for video where it records the sounds of it banging into things).

I usually take my cap off in the begining of my photoshoot, put it in the bag where the camera or case where I hold the camera, and leave it there. At the end of the day, I put the lense cap back on and store the camera for the nite.

I had no idea about that sticky thing either. And definitely didn't realize we didn't need Nikon caps.......that really makes it easy.. need for a 77mm size for the 70-200VR....so that should be easy.

Thanks again,
Gaye

I'm in two minds about the tethers myself. On the one hand - you always know where your lens cap is. On the other hand, it's always there - and if it's windy, it can be a real pain !

I suppose it depends on how often you loose them. But I do like the Nikon caps with the pinch centre - for exactly the same reason, I don't need to fiddle with the hood all the time.

Real Name
Chris
I ddon't use tethers, but do prefer Nikon's caps. The center pinch thing is easier to get the cap off without looking at it than any other cap I've ever used. And they stay on very securely.

Latest threads

Top Bottom