Best place to host photos

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Maestrodawg1, Sep 18, 2005.

1. I need to find an internet home for some of my photo's. Not being real educated in the web photo hosting areas can some of you give me pointers? I know of pbase and was looking for other alternatives before I make a decision.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I used to use Total Choice hosting before I changed to a different server that a friend owns.
    All in all I was very happy with them.
    For $6 a month you get 850mb of storage to do what ever you want with, but you have to design your own pages. That really isn't that hard to do but still you have to do it.
    This is the link for there pricing page

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. I am a fan of simply paying for server space and doing your own thing. Pbase and Smugmug sure seem to be a great solution, though.

I pay about $10 per month for several gigabytes of storage and about 40 gigabytes per month of bandwidth. I have never come close to using all of it.

5. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Hi Andy,

I have been very pleased with Smugmug so far (about one year). They have three levels of service. The lowest priced level is $29.00 per year and is what I use now. The Professional level is $99.00 per year, and the mid-level is $49 or $59 (I think). The best thing for you to do would be visit the pbase and smugmug sites yourself and see what suits you best.

Good luck.

6. Howdy Andy,

I like free. I use Flickr. You can see the pics I have there here.

Flickr

I also have site hosted I am working on at DreamHost.

7. pcjr

pcjr

Sep 19, 2005
    California
    I have been a SmugMug user for about a year and am quite happy with them. I have over 2,000 photos there consuming close to 6GB. I like the flat-fee and unlimited storage.

If you do a lot of hiking or travel with a GPS, their photo mapping feature is very cool!

8. I recommend Pbase. I have been with them for some time now and enjoy the ease of use and the amount of traffic that they have looking at your images. The cost of using Pbase is quite low and you can try them out for 30 days free.