Best place to pick up CF cards

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Jon Neely, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    hey guys/gals, I need to get about 6-8 CF cards, 4gig, at least 133x sandisk or transcend or lexar or something brand named. Just looking to see who is repeatable and has the best buys.

Cheers,

Jon

2. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    Try Newegg.com
    Very good pricing, selection, and the best customer service this side of B&H.

3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    i have actually found some good pricing on the sandisk ones at circuit city althou i always check out B and H and adorama as well.

4. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    I always use Amazon....

5. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I just checked B&H and they had the Lexar 4GB(300X UDMA) for $78, but with a $55/per card rebate on 3 max that brings the cost down to $23/per for $69 for 3. The Lexar 4GB(133x) is listed as discontinued. Being a member of NAPP, I go to B&H through the NAPP site and don't have to pay shipping. Just one of the NAPP perks.

6. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Another fan of Newegg for my cards.

7. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I love NewEgg, but their pricing for shipping makes purchase of multiple items a bit less attractive, since they charge shipping on a per item basis. (Like 5 bucks to ship *each* printer cartridge...)

8. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    Beach Camera or Buydig (I believe they are the same company). Great prices and free shipping on memory cards.

9. I just got and 8GB Sandisk Extreme Ducati Edition SDCFX4-008-AD1 from Amazon, $174.45 total.

Rich

10. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    looks like newegg is me, thanks guys!

Jon

11. dablan

dablan

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago
    Guys -
    be sure to check out your local Costco or Sams Club too.

12. dablan

dablan

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago
    Also, here's a tip, as you start using more cards. In my first job out of college shooting video for a small CBS affiliate, I used this method for the camera batteries. It works even better for memory cards. Get a label maker, one of those little ones for file folders - or even, just a black marker. Label your cards 1, 2, 3, or A, B, C, etc. Always start with A. Then use B. If you are using B, then you know that A is full. I know photographers with 8 and 10 cards, and trying to figure out which card is used, which is not, during a shoot, can be nuts. Instead, if card 7 or 8 is in your camera, you know that 1 through 6 are full.
    Hope that make sense! :) 

13. Ditto on the NewEgg comments.

14. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Just picked up a few Kingston 4GB 133X for 16.95 each on newegg.:cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.