Best Point and Shoot (for wife)???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yahtzee, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Looking to upgrade our Canon A95 to something with better image quality, higher ISO, better zoom and small footprint. The Canon line has been great to us (for P&S) but I'm willing to venture somewhere else if there is a better camera. I dont mind spending 300-400 for something that will stand above the rest. I will be using this some as well for when I dont feel like lugging my gear around. Flip out LCD is a key feature that I would like to have. Any suggestions?

2. Check out the Nikon S-10, although its not smaller, its got the swivel screen

3. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    I can vouch for the Fuji F30, if its high iso you are looking for it has iso 3200,, great for gigs and school productions.

4. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    Since you've had good luck with Canon "A" series, you might want to look at the A630/640. They go from full Auto to full Manual, and everything in between. Not particularly small or light, but excellent IQ and reliability.

BTW, I can also second the Fuji F30 if low light performance is important.

5. mfletch

mfletch

Jul 16, 2007
    Texas
    I agree here. I picked up an A630 for my wife and find myself carrying it when I don't want to lug around the D200. I appreciate the manual controls, Canon's great jpg quality and was quite suprised by the Macro performance. The 4xAA batteries last what seems forever between charges. Coming from an A95 there would be little if any learning curve, just a bump in resolution, speed and image quality. But of course if you need to shoot ISO 800 & 1600, the Fuji will be the way to go.