Best site for selling photos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleo68, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    My Stepfather takes amazing photographs and has a collection of images from places around the world. He's been doing it ever since I can remember. He has sold a few prints here and there at private auctions. He does wildlife, nature, landscape and people photography. But he has yet to post them online. He has been toying with the idea for a few years now. To be honest, I think he just doesn't know where to begin. I use Smugmug and love it, but for personal use. Can anyone recommend a good site to sell photos? Something professional looking that gets a lot of exposure? Is Smugmug good for this?

Also forgot to add that I'm not sure if he has much scanning to do of previous photographs. I think he's done most of that already though. And he's got a great printer at home calibrated to both his camera and monitor.

Thanks for any help.

2. I use Smugmug which is great. I have the pro level, you can set your own price for prints.

3. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Yeah - I told my Stepfather to check it out. Looked pretty decent. He was surprised at the low cost of some of the photos on some of the pro sites on there.