Best time to buy?

On MacRumors there is a listing of each of the current models and what the current status is with regard to last time updated, whether it's in need of an update now, etc..... Sometimes it can pay to purchase a model which is being superseded by a new one; that's what I did with my first Mac, the G5 iMac. The next model, the first with the iSight camera built in, was announced and so I trotted over to the Apple store and bought mine at a reduced price. Sometimes Apple will drop prices on a particular line of models, but not usually. They don't have sales and such. However, they DO have the Refurb store online, and you can pick up a good deal there.

Right now there is a promotion going on that if you're a student or teacher you can buy a new Mac and also get a free iPod with it. They usually run this one every year prior to the re-opening of school.

Also, there are various discount opportunities available if one is a federal or state employee, in education (student or instructor), in the military, etc.

The best time to buy a new Mac? When you need or want one!

The best time to buy a new Mac? When you need or want one!

Exactly. If you need a computer now, get one now. There will always be something new coming out, Apple is after all, a technology company. If you can wait, then wait.

Latest threads

Top Bottom