BEST UWA Lens

Dear Sirs

I am using Nikon d90

I need best UWA Lens for my D90.

Pls let me shre your experiences..

Thx

Depends on your definition of Ultra-wide. Lets say 12mm or below for DX. Assuming no budget constrain, I would say Tokina 11-16 mm.

My vote goes for one of the Tokina's as well. Both the 11-16 or 12-24 are great.

I just read this somewhere, but still looking at the Tokina, Think I trust the opinions on the Cafe more than anywhere else

*The Tokina 11-16 has focusing problems and unless you have D300/s with AF fine tune it is useless.*

i know that there is a lot of love for the Tokina 111-16mm, but in the world of UWA's one mm can make a lot of difference, that's why I regard the Sigma 10-20 (or the newer 10-24) as excellent comparative lenses.

Well, objective tests generally put the Sigma 8-16 at the head of the class, and it's the widest available, by a large margin, but not filterable. The Tokina 11-16 also looks great, trading off some of the Sigma's width for f/2.8 speed, and filter capability. These are the two I'd pick from. Do you need to use filters (Tokina)? Do you want the widest possible (Sigma) or the fastest (Tokina)?

I owned the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 version when I shot DX, and it was generally a nice lens, I have no complaints about the files it produced (if empirically less sharper than the aforementioned lenses). Being that it is quite a bit cheaper, on the used market, than the top two lenses, it might be the "best" value lens out there if dollars are tight.

If you plan on using it in low light, such as club photography, speed is much more important. I wouldn't trade mine for extra width.

Ryan, I believe we have the same decorator.

nikon 12-24 is a stellar DX lens. It isn't the least expensive though, that's what people knock it for, price.

Ryan, I believe we have the same decorator.

nikon 12-24 is a stellar DX lens. It isn't the least expensive though, that's what people knock it for, price.

Swedish flat-pack with a hint of lazy and dash of chaos? My favorite working environment. :tongue:

I do! I would heartily recommend the Nikon 10-24 - best zoom range and great IQ!

The Tokina is nice, but suffers from too much flare, IMO. And I've never needed f/2.8 at the wide end, honestly.

Cheers

Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom