best way to learn NX2

Okay I took the plunge and bought in. What's the best way to learn the software? Is there a DVD/book anyone can recommend?

mahalo,

For many more tutorials from Nikon: http://dptnt.com/2008/09/the-ultimate-nikon-capture-nx-and-nx2-resource-guide/

The primary advantages of Jason Odell's book (and probably his competitors' books though I haven't used them) is that it presents the use of NX2 within a framework that includes workflow and it includes image files that allow you to follow along using NX2. I can't recommend it highly enough.

If I understand correctly, NX is a supplement/precursor to something like Photoshop for simpler modifications? Sorry for my ignorance but what is meant by "run through the linked 32 session from Nikon"?
mahalo,

If I understand correctly, NX is a supplement/precursor to something like Photoshop for simpler modifications? (snip) ,

I don't think it would be a precursor, or not for me at least. It's a complete photographic tool for working on images. Photoshop will work on any image file, will deal with text, borders, combining several images into one, removing large chunks of an image etc etc. NX2 is designed to work on a single photograph. It's a pure photographers tool with no illusions of being any use for a graphic artist. It 'adjusts' an image where as Photoshop will in addition 'transform an image'.

Tom, I've just bought Jason's book (download version) - in theory it's easier to have all the CNX2 info in one 'pdf place' rather than scattered about in a lot of different web pages and links.

That's only a theory though!

Latest threads

Top Bottom