best way to wire 3 strobes together?

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by sic1, Apr 30, 2007.

1. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    I finally broke down and bought a travelite 750 and want to use it inconjuction with my two Excalibur 3200 300 watt strobes to light the background. Problems is when the strobes are facing diffrent ways or subject is in way the slaves do not fire in slave mode so i want to connect them by pc cords. I saw and article where you can buy an adaptor to use regular extension cables here http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/05/adding-and-synching-second-strobe.html

or i see the have a 3 way pc cable connector out there for like 30.00

any other ideas?

2. Now you know why I recommend Alien Bee gear.

If the light units have the appropriate plug, you can attach a Peanut Slave on a cable and put it in a place where it can "see" the others fire.

3. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
  4. THIS is what I had in mind. You need a cord with a female PC plug on one end (for the slave) and a plug on the other end that plugs into your light.

Then you can hang the slave out in place where it can see the main light firing.

I'm sure there has to be a camera store in Chicago where you can get what you need. Just take your light with you to be sure you get the right cord.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.