Best wide angle lenses for Nikon

Interesting article but it doesn't include the relatively new Sigma 14-24 art lens. I like the site and wonder how they would rate the Sigma 14-24 Art lens with the competition. Nevertheless, it's interesting reading. I've got an old 17-35 lens. I considered the 16-35 but decided not to buy it because of the reports on the significant barrell distortion at 16 mm.

I have the 16-35/4 and really haven't used it since I bought the 20/1.8. I too think the 20 is unbeatable. The only FX wide I use other than the 20/1.8 is the 14/2.8 (I think I have the Rokinon version) when I really need wider.

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill Walderman
Virginia would not secede today. With Apple's help, I identified the problem. I had Russian enabled as one of my languages. I learned Russian in the Army 50 years ago and try to maintain my competence. Once I disabled Russian, I stopped getting the "Your country is blocked" message.

I've bought a lot of lenses since I got back into photography with my old D90. The first DX lenses I bought - 16-85VR, 10-24 and 10mm fisheye have exceeded my expectations and are still in use on my D500. The only FX lens I put in that same category is the 20/1.8. The combination IQ, speed, size/weight and price haven't been matched IMHO since the old 105/2.5 AIS.

Mr. Cox doesn't need me to defend him, and I'm not, but he does admit, "Of the twelve lenses below, I have personally used all but three – the Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, and Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 G. Nasim has used both the Tokina and the Nikon, which makes the Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 the only lens on this list that we are relying on outside sources in order to rank."

The way I read it, he has a lot of nice things to say about all 12, and I sort of see it as a "pick the one that best suits your needs, they are all good" sort of article.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom