beta versions of lr3.4 and adobe camera raw 6.4 are out

Is this a free upgrade for LR 3.3 owners?

Sorry, I'm new to Lightroom and this is the 1st update Adobe has made available since I've switched.

Thanks!

Jim

Is this a free upgrade for LR 3.3 owners?

Sorry, I'm new to Lightroom and this is the 1st update Adobe has made available since I've switched.

Thanks!

Jim

Technically it's not yet an update, it's a beta version of the next update. Adobe has been sharing late stage betas of LR so that they can get input regarding potential issues from a large number of users on a wide variety of hardware setups. Adobe will recommend installing and using the beta in parallel with your existing version. Your only support when using a beta is through their user forum (which is quite helpful). I've installed and used beta versions of LR since the first public beta became available for LR1 (not the very first, but an early one) and have encountered very few problems.

As to your other question, a "dot" version update will be free. So far Adobe has only charged update fees on major revisions (1 to 2, 2 to 3).

I'll be downloading this beta very shortly...

Hi Vinman,

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what i wanted to know. I'm getting along well with 3.3 and have downloaded lens profiles so I think I'll wait for the final release.

Good luck!

Jim

Ditto with me, I'll wait for the official release. Does anybody know how long it'll stay in beta / release candidate state before being blessed for release?

The Product Details tab from that Lightroom link above says:

When will the Lightroom 3.4 release candidate expire?
5/31/2011
Will there be an upgrade charge for the final Lightroom 3.4 Release?
No, Lightroom 3.4 will be a free update for all current Lightroom 3 customers.

Keep in mind, too - this is an RC (release candidate) which means that it's pretty much ready for primetime.

I spent about ten minutes in the RC just after download, and I can't find or feel any difference. It was only a superficial look in Library and Develop, so I may just haven't had a chance to encounter any changed areas.

Hopefully Geoff will chime in soon with any relevant info...

Hi, this is free of course as will be the final release.
3.4 includes new camera and lens profiles plus some bug fixes, Basically there are no new features, etc,

i still have the same issues in the new version as lr3.3.. maybe one day they will figure it out.

anytime some of us sort by keyword and then send something thru the external edit to cs5,topaz,nik etc the returning photo doesnt find its way back to the sorted by keyword grid. it appears in the un-sorted general catalog as if it had no key word.

we have have to delete the key word and re-apply so it will sort again by keyword.

it only does this when the keyword is off of a higher keyword like places/ places in long island/beaches as an example. a few of us wrote adobe with the issue last month but i guess it takes a while to see if they can resolve it.

i still have the same issues in the new version as lr3.3.. maybe one day they will figure it out.

anytime some of us sort by keyword and then send something thru the external edit to cs5,topaz,nik etc the returning photo doesnt find its way back to the sorted by keyword grid. it appears in the un-sorted general catalog as if it had no key word.

we have have to delete the key word and re-apply so it will sort again by keyword.

it only does this when the keyword is off of a higher keyword like places/ places in long island/beaches as an example. a few of us wrote adobe with the issue last month but i guess it takes a while to see if they can resolve it.

Could it be an issue with the Nik software?

no ,it does it even with cs5 when it round trips back to lightroom. it happens with cs5, nik,topaz labs and capture nx2 on my end. well thats because thats all i own lol.

Is that why I get keywords appearing in my list in unexpected places.
That is something fishy but I wouldn't expect anything to fix that before LR4 as it may be quite complicated to resolve.

Thank !!

Latest threads

Top Bottom