1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bethany Beach, Delaware?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by LindaZ, Aug 6, 2007.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I am going to Bethany Beach in two weeks (hoping the weather will be okay). Does anyone have any recommendations for shooting areas over there?

2. There are others here who know DE much better than I, as I spend most of my shooting time on the MD and VA shores. Still going either way from Bethany Beach should yeild classic shoreline and waterside vistas, birds, opportunities for candids galore. I think you'll be right on Rohobeth Bay and Indian River Bay too. Try this link:
    http://www.delawarephotographicsociety.org/

3. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Mike!

4. Bob Mohr

Bob Mohr

Oct 20, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Try Bombay Hook NWR for wildlife; although 200mm may be a bit short. Go North from Rehoboth. Right before you get to Dover Air Force base, take Rt 16 north, for about 15 minutes until you see the sign for Bombay Hook. Total drive time, depending on traffic, about 45 minutes.
    Assateague island is always good for the wild ponies.
    How do you like the 55-200mm VR?

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    200mm and a bit of luck and good footwork? Wild ponies? Oh I wish I could see those. Unfortunately I am traveling with family and in-laws (I didn't say that, did I?) .. so we'll see how much I can venture.

Ah, the lens is somewhere in a UPS truck across the country.

6. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    Linda
    definetly head to Assateague Island
    is less than an hour from Bethany
    also Henelopen State Park near Lewes is great sunrise location..also home to the biggest dune on the east coast I believe
    on Assateague you just drive the loop road and see the horses and deer right from the car...its also another great sunrise location

been there many times

by the way
    enjoy...some of the best beaches in the country...great waves
    also try the Fenwick Crab House just south of Bethany..awesome seafood

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wow, thanks for the information, really helpful. We're not familiar with the east side, traveled more when I lived in CA.

8. Cape Henlopen, Lewes is amazing. I was just there for a week, so much to shoot.

9. As others have metioned Assatueague would be a joy to all in your party, Sika deer, wild ponies and assorted Waterfowl and some nice senics. Around Bethany there are plenty of birding oppurtunites, try at the Indian River Inlet which is right before you enter Bethany Beach. Check out the both the Ocean and bay side. Fenwick Island whcih is the next town south of Bethany has a few good birding spots.
    Watch your speed in Bethany 35 means 35 they are brutal.
    Also dont forget the bug spray at Assateuage in can get bad depending on the direction if the wind

10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    My gosh! This caught me by big surprise. I asked this question over a year ago!
    In other words - we went there about a year ago. lol

11. you should have been here last year ( oh you where) just joking.

12. mcfun61

mcfun61 Guest

Indian River inlet offers a variety of photo opportunities as well everything from fishing, boating, wildlife and sunbathers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.