Better light, same cheapo glass...:-)

went to the high school today and the light was great so shot some of the 13 sandhills that were already there. Was hoping some more would fly in, but none did. I talked to the ones there asking them to call some buddies in, but no go..
Many of these are full frame, uncropped...
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

this one is slightly cropped, a smidgen:

original.jpg

these are full frame:
original.jpg

original.jpg

still cant figure what he was looking at, but he was doing this for a while, only slightly cropped:
original.jpg

I waited for some to fly in, but had to say goodbye for now, and this one said goodbye back:
original.jpg

Harris - I love those sandhills, especially since I got to see a couple at Merritt I. You better watch out, your "Osprey King" moniker might have to change if you keep this up.

So what "cheapo glass" did you use? The 300 f/4?

DavidM said:
Harris - I love those sandhills, especially since I got to see a couple at Merritt I. You better watch out, your "Osprey King" moniker might have to change if you keep this up.

So what "cheapo glass" did you use? The 300 f/4?

What will they call me next, The Sultan of Sandhills? Nah, too middle eastern, and in these times, not a good thing.

As for the glass, your basement bargain Nikon 300 f4. :D

Great stuff Harris,

Brought my camera to work today. went on break and did not bring it with me..

GBH sittin there pretty as a picture.......duh

Just haven't brought the camera to work in maybe a month. Soooooooo

As the story goes :<(((((

Good shots Harris. Maybe you could send some of those guys up here. GBHs are cool, but I'd like a little variety.

Good shots!

I'd hardly call any constant f4 aperture lens an "el cheapo". Afterall, the 200-400VR AND the Nikon 500/600 AFS are both constant f4 aperture! Come to think of it, so is my 12-24!
So, how far away is this Bear Point from the house, and what is "The Island"? :lol: I'll Google it. You know I can't even find my own home down there without a damn map! :wink: (sry if I've asked this 100 times already) :?

cknight said:
Good shots Harris. Maybe you could send some of those guys up here. GBHs are cool, but I'd like a little variety.

These guys seem happy down here. I talked to them, and they dont want to move. They said you could come down, and they'd let you take pictures though. 8)

Re: Good shots!

Steve S said:
I'd hardly call any constant f4 aperture lens an "el cheapo". Afterall, the 200-400VR AND the Nikon 500/600 AFS are both constant f4 aperture! Come to think of it, so is my 12-24!
So, how far away is this Bear Point from the house, and what is "The Island"? :lol: I'll Google it. You know I can't even find my own home down there without a damn map! :wink: (sry if I've asked this 100 times already) :?

Steve, Bear Point is on Hutchinson Island (the Island) and about 20minutes of riding on a beautiful road where you may find many raptors hanging out. Better come down before they leave........ 8)

Thnx, gonna memorize the route

Backdoctor said:
Steve S said:

Steve, Bear Point is on Hutchinson Island (the Island) and about 20minutes of riding on a beautiful road where you may find many raptors hanging out. Better come down before they leave........ 8)
So can be familiar with getting there and back when I do get down there, 1st Thurs in Nov.

B

Brew

Backdoctor said:
Brew said:
Wow very nice!!!

Thanks Brew, what you been up to? Hope the summer's been a good one for you..

Thanks Harris,

We've had a pretty busy summer with the new puppy and our two boys keeping us very busy. I am also having some major changes (not for the better at work) and I may need to let some people go which is not a fun thing. The good thing is they still have an opportunity to be picked up by a different company pretty quickly.

I did have some time this past Sunday to do some Macro stuff that I'm still weeding through.

Looking forward for fall!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Harris, some of these are so close, you must have them feeding out of your hand! Nice captures - I really like the last one. I've only seen these birds once locally. That was at a stop-over on the fall migration. Normally they fly over so high they're just dots in the sky, but you can still hear them - their voices carry for a long way.

Nikam said:
Harris, some of these are so close, you must have them feeding out of your hand! Nice captures - I really like the last one. I've only seen these birds once locally. That was at a stop-over on the fall migration. Normally they fly over so high they're just dots in the sky, but you can still hear them - their voices carry for a long way.

Dennis, they coulda eaten out of my hand if I had food. I wouldnt feed them though, they have plenty in the ground. Thanks.

Yeah, they do have quite a voice... :D

Gale said:
Great stuff Harris,

Brought my camera to work today. went on break and did not bring it with me..

GBH sittin there pretty as a picture.......duh

Just haven't brought the camera to work in maybe a month. Soooooooo

As the story goes :<(((((

Dont feel bad, dont have mine today, but thats cause we're heading to Gainseville after work for Mary to be checked.

Hope to get up by you soon to shoot, so will call and see if you have time. Maybe in 3 wks give or take.

Latest threads

Top Bottom