1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Better name than "Flowers" ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wgilles, Aug 4, 2009.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Good afternoon!

I'm finishing up my website and I realized I don't like the name "Flowers" for my...well...Flowers page. There are a couple that aren't flowers, maybe leaves, etc. Anyway, is there a different name I could use, other than flowers? I already have a Wildlife and Landscapes page, so I don't want to call it "Nature."

Any ideas?

2. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Botany?

3. Flora, blossoms, blooms, plant reproductive organs

Larry

4. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    That's a keeper.

Flora or Botany might work...

5. FLora is the plant equivalent of Fauna on the animal side

Larry

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks Larry, that might be my best choice. 90% of the photos in that category, for me, are flowers. People hear Flora and think of Flowers, so I think it will work!

Thanks again, I think we have a winner

7. Flotany!

(hehe on a side note I have 4 galleries set up like that - Insects/Flora/Fauna/Birds)

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Pretty weeds

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I assume that was in the spirit of your avatar. Seems like something he would say! :biggrin::biggrin:

10. I will vote for FLORA. It's a family name....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.