1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

BetterPhotos.com Light course??????

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Raul_T, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Has anyone on here taken an on-line lighting course through this website? I'm looking at the 4-wk course and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or first hand knowledge of it's quality?

Thanks in advance!

-Raul

2. Raul,
    I haven't taken a course at BetterPhotos.com but I just checked out their site. Very impressive, indeed. Unless you get some out-of-the woodwork bad vibes about them, it would be worth a try. I'm certainly considering going that route.

Don

3. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I have taken a course with Jim Zuckerman there. I enjoyed the course but I found I was a bit advanced at the time for the subject matter( if I recall the level I took was 3). Of course there is always something to learn!! So it can be a tough decision.The most valuable piece was the critique's given on the shots you posted for the instructor. As a wildlife photographer my money is better spent on trips to locations where I can afford several days of just shooting and practice. Make sure you check out the instructors portfolio and like how they shoot! It can be a great experience! You will need time to shoot specific opportunities and have the time to evaluate the critiques given.
    Shoot me a pm if you have more questions.

4. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Here is an images I took from that course on lighting.

7.1 seconds, f22, 55mm 3.5 micro, iso 100,d200, required to use simple light solution in which I chose an 8 dollar home depot bulb(blue hue)
    [​IMG]

5. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I agree Don, it is impressive. That's why I'm considering taking a class ffrom them. I just don't know how beneficial an on-line course in this type class would be. Thanks for commenting. I'll let ya know how it did go if iu do decide to go this route.

-Raul

6. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Johnathan! I will shoot you a PM with a couple of questions.
    .........BTW, neat shot!

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I took a course with Vic Orenstein. Wasn't cheap but it was a nicely thought out curriculum and there was plenty of feedback and interaction with the other students on the course.

8. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks John for chimming in. I think I've about decided to sign up for a course beginning in Sept.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.