Beware of Facebook !!!

Facebook knows what you typed but decided not to send in your texts !!!

Read this article: http://arstechnica.com/business/201...ts-research-on-status-updates-you-never-post/

....that's frightening !

:muted:
J-P.

Nothing new here, most sites have the capability to collect data as you type by using such helpful features as "autosave" and the user doesn't know what's going on in the background. And really, why would anyone think that Facebook, or any other revenue driven website isn't using any and all tools they can to collect data. So, it is always best to assume you are being watched the moment you turn your computer on. This is the way it has been and the way it will always be. As for Facebook, there's nothing there for me and I have no reason to use it, same with Twitter.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Oh, I'm sure there is a lot of info on me out there.....but I don't magnify the problem by using social media!

JPS

I'm not using Facebook, Tweeter, or any of these "social" things, but I agree 100% with what Chris said ! IMO, as soon as we connects our computer to the Net, we open a door to hackers ! ....and I'm not even talking of governments agencies :muted: !

But, OTOH, with the ever growing numbers of Internet connections 24/24 throughout the world, I believe (errrr.... read: I hope) that the chances of getting hacked are getting smaller.....

;)
J-P.

Latest threads

Top Bottom