BGLOD in D70s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vandyu, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Seems like the D70s may also be inflicted with the blinking green light disease according to a poster over at the DP Review forum. This is depressing. I thought I had made a good decision going with this model. Now, I guess it's a waiting game to see when/if it happens to my camera too. :frown:

Any thoughts from Cafe members? Can't get a D200 so that's not an option. And, if it's true that the D70s has the problem, who's to say the next model won't have some !@#$% defect. Nikon, what's going on?

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I had not heard this before, and yes it is a pain in the butt, and yes it does hurt Nikon's reputation, but at least in the case of the D70, they've owned up to the problem and are fixing it for free. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it as only a relatively small number of the original D70 models had the problem, and there is a good chance that it will never affect you (hopefully it won't :rolleyes:).

I know this isn't much comfort, but I hope that you take some encouragement. :wink:

3. Vandyu,
    Your model is new enough that the fix should have been incorporated into production. I would not be worried.
    Dave

4. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks, Dave and Frank. I'm trying not to obscess over it. I really like the camera and hope to be able to add the 18-200 to it soon. I'm very loyal to Nikon. I just want them to be the quality company they've always seemed to be. You can be the biggest (probably Canon), but I've traditionally appreciated Nikon as being the best.